Damn ParcelForce!!!!!

So I make an order for some stuff from i4detailing on Friday for some bit's and pieces.

Choose next working day delivery, assuming it should arrive on Monday.

Get called in for overtime on Sunday night.

Get home on Monday morning at 5am.

Not wanting to miss the delivery van, I decide to stay up.

I wait and wait and wait, hold out till about 4pm when I can't ignore the call of nature any longer.

Return from the throne only to find a ParcelForce card in my letterslot, open the door only to see the van drive away.

:rant::rant::rant:

So I make an order for some stuff from i4detailing on Friday for some bit's and pieces.

Choose next working day delivery, assuming it should arrive on Monday.

Get called in for overtime on Sunday night.

Get home on Monday morning at 5am.

Not wanting to miss the delivery van, I decide to stay up.

I wait and wait and wait, hold out till about 4pm when I can't ignore the call of nature any longer.

Return from the throne only to find a ParcelForce card in my letterslot, open the door only to see the van drive away.

:rant::rant::rant:

kinda sods law.... its always happends

I kicked up stink!!!

BUT

stupidly so.

By kicking up stink i got an apology, no compensation, and if instead i had just pretended i hadnt got it and kept quiet i would have got another one free from insurance! anger got the better of me though and i needed to shout at someone! :rant:

Actually had a look at the card and it was dropped off at the local post office which is only a minute away.

Picked it up and noticed that it actually had my instructions on the box to phone me if I didn't answer the door, just incase I was asleep after a nightshift.

bloody couriers. A lot of them are complete time wasters they don't bother knocking, just assume because it's between 9 and 5 everyone's out. Those that do knock are issued with a feather duster just for that purpose.

Never had trouble with CityLink tho, but that's because the driver has liked every car I've had so far and likes a little chat.

Oh and upon closer inspection of the shipping note on the box, it turns out that my phone number was missing a digit, so perhaps the driver did call it but obviously couldn't get thru due to the missing digit...

I have found Citylink to be the best delivery company bar none around my area. They are always prompt (I am at the start of their rounds so get deliveries nice and early - 8-8:30am!), they do knock loud, they leave stuff with my neighbours if I'm not home, or in our bin cupboard, or if they cant leave it, the parcel is always back at the depot when I come home from work ready to collect :thumbs: