Owen to United ..............

JT1703

Aslong as there is another striker brought in aswell as him then IMO its not a bad signing. Hes not a bad player to have as backup. 30 goals in 65 games for a poor Newcastle team isn't that bad. If he can get fit & stay fit then he will be a great signing for free

They will never pay him £150k a week. That would be 40k more than he got at Newcastle & would also make him the highest paid United player.

It will be a pay as you play deal like Saha was offered or around 50K a week (The same figure that headless chicken O'shea earns)

..... then I was right , this should be in the joke section !!! :headhurt::surrender:

Are you kidding? This is a good deal for us.

20k a week is nout, and he'll only be getting upto 110k in bonuses if he does well - and if thats the case then fair play to him - and great for us!

Owen is a box player which is precisely what we havent got - and he's the type of player that you always trust on the ball - unlike a youngster like Macheda or someone. Granted, he's not the answer to all our problems, but he's an ideal player to have on the bench.

But Ferguson does have a good record at rejuvinating strikers that would appear to be in the the latter stages of their career's. :)

I do agree though he does seem a odd choice for United, surely Stoke would have been a better place for him :)

I dont understand where his bad rep has come from??

At liverpool he was world class - then he went to madrid where he didnt do much - but neither did Beckham - and then he was forced to go to Newcastle who bid 5 million more than anyone else.

At Newcastle he got injured (where a lot of players seem to do - people used to blame it on the training ground, remember?) and anyway, in a seriously crap team you cant fault him for losing a bit of appetite and not having amazing performances can you?

If he signs and doesn't do well then i'll be suprised - but i cant understand what he personally has done to get such a bad rep.

I think the bad rep has been around his fitness rather than his actual performances. I don't think he's had more than a 2 games per goal record at any of his clubs. That is world class.

I don't see what the problem is. This would be a win win signing for Utd. They were hardly likely to spent 30-40mil on another striker to only play the same amount of games as Tevez. Who would then just start whinging and crying about lack of respect. To get owen on a free and pay as you play is ideal. Somebody who knows where the goal is and offers something entirely different to the strikers/forwards Utd already have would give them more options and also give them something that was missing in so many games last season, when they just couldn't put a team out of a game even though they completey dominated them. Experience will also have a huge effect on the young strikers already at the club and he is a model professional with supreme confidence in own abilities. If SAF can manage to steer him clear of major injuries then he might just become the bargain of the season. Hardly a gamble for a free transfer.

You can expect though that Utd will not only buy owen, they will bring in another forward possibly 15-18mil worth and already being reported they have bid 16mil for Luis Fabiano which is 3mil more than AC Milan have offered. And also expect a defensive midfielder to arrive. Fergy knows what he's doing. :)

I think it's a very shrewd move by Fergie,a bit like when they brought Larsson in for a few months.

Owens record for goals is very good and I think with the service United provide this should continue if not get better.

Only question mark is his fitness,but if he is on performance related pay then in my opinion it's a win,win situation.

As the saying goes "I don't believe it" :thumbdown: £120k a week for being "Ball Boy" cause he can't play football anymore :bangin:

Fergie has lost the plot. :doh:

Obviously haven't read the talk on this thread then and are jumping on the press' bandwagon. :dry:

As the saying goes "I don't believe it" :thumbdown: £120k a week for being "Ball Boy" cause he can't play football anymore :bangin:

Obviously haven't read the talk on this thread then and are jumping on the press' bandwagon. :dry:

So you have a season tkt Then? :lol:

What difference does that make?

So you have a season tkt Then? :lol:

What difference does that make?

+1 :wacko: