Warm enough for you all?

nixy

I would never complain about the weather, its is glorious here this week. BUT my office is a nightmare. I work in an attic office and its currently 32 degrees inside the room with noisy fans blowing etc. My head feels like this :bangin: Can't wait for home time!

I would never complain about the weather, its is glorious here this week. BUT my office is a nightmare. I work in an attic office and its currently 32 degrees inside the room with noisy fans blowing etc. My head feels like this :bangin: Can't wait for home time!

If its making you ill, you are within your rights to go home. ;)

Its ok here at work today, a toasty 25C atm. Bit hot for me but I can cope. When I get home I will sit in the bedroom which as AC set to 18C :teeth:

We have a portable A/C unit which sounds like a jumbo jet and kicks as much heat out the back as it does cold air out the front - we have it on but its still 32 in here. There is only legislation for a lower temp limit but not an upper unfortunately. Although like i say, I would rather have the lovely weather than not.

We have a portable A/C unit which sounds like a jumbo jet and kicks as much heat out the back as it does cold air out the front - we have it on but its still 32 in here. There is only legislation for a lower temp limit but not an upper unfortunately. Although like i say, I would rather have the lovely weather than not.

PS. you're supposed to duct the hot air out of the building through a hole or window!

The back of the portable air con unit should have a pipe on it which is to blow the hot air out the back.

If its just sat there blowing cold out the front and hot out the back without the hot air being dumped outside the building, it will actually be heating the room up! :scare: Turn it off!

:lol:

i just had to go and work on a car outside and im in black trousers with black polo shirt :yuck:

couldnt turn the car on aswell due to the test i was doing, just had to sit in it, it must have been like 40 degrees in it.

ever tried sitting in a car with all the windows up on a day like this with no AC? :bangin::bangin::yuck::yuck:

when i get home its no better, no AC for me BOOO! :dry:

yes it has a pipe that goes through the wall but the heat just generated of the unit is enough at the back (its quite old.........)

Thats the government for you, we have a croquet lawn and a tennis court, free parking, flexi time, tea and coffee but no air con.............. :lol:

The back of the portable air con unit should have a pipe on it which is to blow the hot air out the back.

If its just sat there blowing cold out the front and hot out the back without the hot air being dumped outside the building, it will actually be heating the room up! :scare: Turn it off!

+1 - you need to duct the hot air away :bangin:

Also, you are correct as there is no upper limit, but if it is making you ill, you are allowed to go home ;)

Ahh its nice and warm here out in the garden with a cold drink listening to some tunes...might even cut the grass or wash the car.....hope you're all having a nice time at work. :lol:

R

:thumbdown: thats it i'm calling in a favour, i'll have an airstrike on your location within the hour.

got another 30 min before i can go home :yahoo: