NOW SOLD- Chilli for Sale -£10500

Ross Mac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this colour alot and but its not a GT :(

Id be worried that in a few years id be stuck with it due to the reddness and lack of GT extra's

:p

I can't think of many other cars i'd rather to be stuck with. :blush:

I don't know, all that fuss over cruise and some rubbish leather..... ;)

Hey guys still no Internet at new house so only check the site via my phone now so I've missed the recent comments :lol:

I didn't think that the non gt spec would put so many people off. I've had loads of emails etc who all ask is it a gt? It's clearly listed with cloth so it's very frustrating!

I wasn't overly impressed with the leather in comparison to my old golf when I first started looking but maybe I should have gone for it purley for re-sale?!?

I thought that the new rims would do the trick but still nothing...

As there aren't any plans for little Ross Macs until the new house gets refurbished I'll just have to keep enjoying it I suppose :thumbs:

If anyone knows someone who it may appeal to your help is as always appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Ross Mac, im in the market for my second Zed... Waiting for the right one to come along. I love your Zed but I think the asking price is A little steep, is there any room for negotiation?

I also live in Newcastle.

Cheers

Dave

Hey Ross Mac, im in the market for my second Zed... Waiting for the right one to come along. I love your Zed but I think the asking price is A little steep, is there any room for negotiation?

Cheers

Dave

Probably best by PM. ;)

Thanks Digsy mate, will get onto that :)

Im not really sure where you are coming from on the price front, you can pick up A GT with less miles for under 10k. Resale value on A GT is also higher. The only thing this car has going for it is the colour, which personally is one of my favourites.

And I think you need to realise that when buying from a dealership they can add over 2k onto the price tag. You can almost get A facelift model for the price your talking about.

-Dave

Thanks Digsy mate, will get onto that :)

Im not really sure where you are coming from on the price front, you can pick up A GT with less miles for under 10k. Resale value on A GT is also higher. The only thing this car has going for it is the colour, which personally is one of my favourites.

And I think you need to realise that when buying from a dealership they can add over 2k onto the price tag. You can almost get A facelift model for the price your talking about.

-Dave

A GT with less miles for under 10K, mate i would bite their hand off. this looks like a beautiful car and has got some mods on that would cost the extra. the wheels alone prob cost a fair few quid. i never understand people posting threads saying "ooohh thats bloody expensive, he'll never get that"

i had the same with my ST on another forum.

if you dont want it or think its too expensive dont buy it. look for another.

GLWTS fella

BTW love the colour mate.

I dont want to argue because I have respect for anybody who owns A Zed.

I never said he wont get his asking price, if you read the advert he needs a quick sale, and he has already dropped the price. This reflects the fact there are as good examples for less. The extras would just bump up the insurance premium so thats a bad selling point to be fair. There is a GT with less miles for sale on this very forum for 10k. I like the colour so I would be willing to pay more, especially for a nice example. I have already owned one Zed and choosing the wrong colour eventually made me sell it on. To prove my point just follow this link. simples.

-Dave

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p

i would not want to argue either i'm a lover not a fighter *extends arms and waits for hug* :huglove:

i think that obviously he doesnt need a quick sale as its been on here for quite a while, and lets face it, who the hell would want to see the Zed go!!!!

im sorry if i misunderstood your post but from previous experience it gave me no end of frustration people coming and saying oooh thats a little steep or such like.

in light of the insurance, i think that the mods wont increase the premium that much and the money you save on it not being a facelift (435 pound tax) would go to the insurance. also mods are gooooood!!!!!!

i almost bought a newer 06 plate for a good price and later found out the tax on it. whew!!!

hey, at the end of the day. its whatever the seller feels comfortable selling for and vise versa.

i told the dealer i sold my ST to that he would never get 10k for it. he has provisional sold it for 9.5k. i only paid 8.5k 17000 miles ago!!!!!! its whatever people are prepared to pay

Cheers

Dave

If you go to look at it can I come too? I live in Newcastle and have always wanted to see this car in the flesh :)

BTW - I have one, I'm not a competitor!

Hey Sparky :huglove:

You opened my eyes about the tax on the facelift models.... I did not know that. Your exactly right that would make up the difference :thumbs:

I can see where your coming from about saying the price is a little steep, that would probably annoy me thinking about it... I should have sent A pm.

To be honest Chris I might have to wait till after Xmas before I go ahead with a purchase. Dont want to waste anybodys time. If its still available after xmas :cold: your more than welcome to come mate!

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate

I have a 2003 JDM with approx 15k on clock and was quoted £10K as a trade in. It did have 19in polished rims on it. Its since been modded to hell with a colour change to white a nismo spoiler and black rims, so dont know whats shes worth now lol. Basically u have a lovely car mate and in my eyes knowing shes an import give her that wee bit something different. I think ur asking price is fair to be honest just be patient. Last year i sold my Rx-8 for £4250 thro sheer despiration only to find the guy lied to me and put it on pistonheads and got £6K for it. He said it was a present for his wife total bull.

Red and white are rare colours for the zed and people will pay that wee bit more for the difference,

all the best

D :)

Hello chaps- I've not been visiting the forum as much recently what with me moving house after getting married and all my spare time after work being spent doing DIY!

Was surprised to log back in to see this thread with new replies!

Essentially I've just been enjoying the Z, few trips here and there to give it a run and make me question why I'm selling even more lol!

There is room for a bit of negotiation in the price, it needs taxed at end of Jan so happy to offset that a bit.

Had loads of interest lately but all with part ex which isn't ideal, or cash offers of like £9k!!

One bloke came very close to buying it but a desparate seller of another car called him

back after dropping their price by £2.5k to secure the sale!

Toon Chris- just let me know when you are about and I'm sure we could arrange a meet at somepoint.

To summarise - it's still for sale but as no bambinos on the way yet I'm

I'm no rush to get rid and won't let it go for much less, but always room for some movement.

Just PM me for more info or to arrange a look if anyone is genuinely interested.

Now to start on all the thousands of unread threads....

Cheers, Ross

• 4 weeks later...

Probably because it's priced higher than other ones...

If I really really needed rid of it for more seats I would have the price set lower.

As we aren't expecting to start a family until next year I'm just dropping the price as my outstanding loan goes down.

It's up for £10500, with the negotiating buffer removed I'd let it go for much closer to £10k.

As the loan goes down so will the price...

When it sells I'll just start a new loan all over again

I'm buying my dads car when this one sells and he is getting itchy feet but I can't sell for a loss when there isn't a real need to if that makes sense.

Sorry if my infrequent and inflated price updates are causing irritation - that isn't my intention