Pages

Can someone please let me know why my pages are increasing by the day?

I keep on top of all the posts, so basically read everything that is posted. Normally, i've got a single page to get through, but for the past couple of days even though i'm reading all the posts my pages are still increasing. I have't altered anything in my user control panel so i cant understand why this is suddenly happening. Any ideas???

We have been getting considerably busy as of late. In a little over a month, the number of posts has increased by over 22,000 :scare:

You could try going to the forum index and clicking "Mark Forums Read", that will mark everything as read, andunread posts should start building up again from there. If this isnt the case then we have a problem.

For refference - this is how the links at the top right work, so you can see the difference between "new posts", "unread posts" and "your posts".

viewtopic.php?p=311986#p311986

Ok just did what you advised and its still showing all the pages, but the icons on the left are all light in colour showing that its been read. When i used to mark all posts as read before it would completely empty the pages, so i wouldn't see anything at all until a new post was added. Strange!!

View New posts is all posts since your last logon. If you are permanently logged on, it will look at all new posts since your last logon event, which could be some time.

View unread posts is a list of all topics which have had new posts made since you last read them, regardless of your logon/logoff times.

If you want to clear the "new posts" list, then log off and log back on again.

Just as a note, the View New Posts list should contain a list of all posts made since your last visit, the date/time of your last visit is displayed at the top left (Last Visit Was: *******).

If this date/time is incorrect, and you have visited sonce then (not including the visit you are now making), then it would appear that a particlaur item has not been updated for your profile in the database (specifically the UserLastVisited table). To fix this, log off, and log back in again. This should update the table with the correct data and you should be able to use the "new posts" feature as you previously did.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

We have been getting considerably busy as of late. In a little over a month, the number of posts has increased by over 22,000 :scare:

You could try going to the forum index and clicking "Mark Forums Read", that will mark everything as read, andunread posts should start building up again from there. If this isnt the case then we have a problem.

For refference - this is how the links at the top right work, so you can see the difference between "new posts", "unread posts" and "your posts".

viewtopic.php?p=311986#p311986

Chris

Is it possible to delete a page of "view unread posts" at a time?. I tend to scroll down and pass over those that I feel I do not want to open. A page at time deletion option would be particularly helpful when you have not logged on for a while and come back to umpteen new pages of posts (and given what you have said about the increasing number of posts) which time if nothing else, will preclude opening them all? Now we have the "view new posts" option that is always a back-up to opening something that might be othwerwise accidentally deleted aside from the search option to find things.

Hope that makes sense :wacko:

Colin

Would it be possible to see set things up so that you can see posts from anywhere BUT Tampa, Florida?

or Harkshill? ;):p

I realise this is a joke but YES!

Friends and foes. I think if you add a user as a foe then it blanks out their posts so you don't have to read them.

For an example of how it works, I didn't know that another question had been asked in this thread until Stew just quoted it :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Priceless.

:clap::clap::clap:

Why wouldnt you want to see posts from Tamper, Florida Martin? :wacko: