Mobile phone - where do you keep yours?

Mark-UK

Last question for today I promise lol, I've searched but found nothing on this. I'm due my new upgrade this week, a Nokia N97 and wondered where you guys keep your mobile when in the car, do you have an holder attached to air vents or put it in the arm rest middle console bit. I'd be concerned about scratching to buggery my new phone if I keep it in the middle holder bit, so just wondered where you keep yours?

:)

In the central cubby switched off as it should be when you're driving, really gets me annoyed seeing people on the phone whilst driving :rant::rant::rant: a female drove into the back of my sister a couple of years ago whilst gossiping on the phone didn't realise she had stopped at traffic lights and braked too late.

In the central cubby switched off as it should be when you're driving, really gets me annoyed seeing people on the phone whilst driving :rant::rant::rant: a female drove into the back of my sister a couple of years ago whilst gossiping on the phone didn't realise she had stopped at traffic lights and braked too late.

Used my phone only a few times in my life...last time a got a ticket as well... :dry:

However, i dont quite agree with mobile phone fuss... there are multitask people, fast thinkers, people with quick reflexes, people with very good arm-leg co-ordination and so on...and of course the others.... :thumbdown:

if we keep on this way car audio will be banned as well as smoking in the car, talking to the passenger, even changing gears!!! :p:lol:

BTW women shouldn't be driving anyway!!! :protest::nono:

are u listening nixy??? :bleh:

Takes a deep breath.......

I'm not sure, providing a full hands-free system as provided in the UK ZED coupes is used, that should be classed in the same category.

We have all seen drivers concentrating more on, for example, chatting to passengers in the car than their driving, or turning round to see why little Johnny is crying in the back let alone with their head cranked over to hold the phone on their shoulder and even texting one-handed on the move. :angry:

But lets face it, there are a hundred and one things out there to distract us when driving - the issue is surely more about the concentration factor and I would hope that the reason why we are petrolheads following this forum is that we enjoy our driving and take pride in it rather than those who have cars simply for getting from A to B. There are some so-called 'driver's' I know who I would do my utmost to avoid being a passenger with them as having experienced their driving ability once was enough to put me off for life, even at 10mph. On the other hand it is real pleasure to be driven by someone who you can immediately tell is a 100% in control, aware and considerate to other road users, no matter what the speed.

Personally, I do not dial numbers on the move that I have not progammed into "Miss Pardon" and mainly have the phone on to receive calls (these days not being up-to-date in the communications department quickly means lost business).

So whilst I can understand the rant by mbs, and I am not attempting to make excuses for the woman concerned and not knowing any of the details, I would suspect that the accident was more to do with the driver failing (or being unable) to adequately concentrate on the driving side of things, making her accident prone.

If properly using a hands-free phone system was considered to be unduly hazardous then no doubt a law would be effected to stop its use, but then perhaps other laws would be sought to stop smoking, using audio/ICE or even talking to passengers whilst driving. I think we have to put things into perspective. :)

Oh and getting back to answer the original post question here is my phone location in a Brodit holder that clips onto the trim joints without any holes or glue having to be used (the o2 Orbit phone also has co-pilot sat nav that does enough for me when I need it). ;)

XdaO2OrbitinZ.jpg

Last question for today I promise lol, I've searched but found nothing on this. I'm due my new upgrade this week, a Nokia N97 and wondered where you guys keep your mobile when in the car, do you have an holder attached to air vents or put it in the arm rest middle console bit. I'd be concerned about scratching to buggery my new phone if I keep it in the middle holder bit, so just wondered where you keep yours?

:)

Why not just leave it in your pocket? :)

I cringe when i see people putting lipstick on and fluffing their hair in the mirror at traffic lights and roundabouts etc - makes me embarrassed to be a woman driver! :lol:

Oh dear, I have to admit to quickly smoothing on some lip gloss/balm when stuck in traffic at times, force of habit :blush:

BTW women shouldn't be driving anyway!!! :protest::nono:

are u listening nixy??? :bleh:

:lol: :lol:

:snack:

In the ashtray :thumbs:

+1, well for one of them. Have two. Or in the hangbag. I don't use the phones when I am driving, it's more so I don't forget them when getting in and out of the car, or if I wish to make a call when I've reached the destination.

if we keep on this way car audio will be banned as well as smoking in the car

Lol, it should be. :p:lol:

I cringe when i see people putting lipstick on and fluffing their hair in the mirror at traffic lights and roundabouts etc - makes me embarrassed to be a woman driver! :lol:

I have to admit I cringe too. Concentration is key.