MOt Time . . . . . never a good time.....

SteveW

Well its that time of year again.

The one time I truly dread when the car has to go in for the MOT.

Hopefully it will be OK but there are a few things which are getting right about ready for replacing, just hope it gets through and I can keep saving the money I need to replace the bits in the future.

Top of the list are new rear brakes but just moved in with the mrs and never ever have any spare cash!

CS will be getting a PM when I have saved enough pennies.

my neighbour is an mot tester and does all my vehicles. He is classic Ford mad and is always ragging me about my Datsuns/Nissans. :yawn: He took my roadster for its mot :scare: and came back with the same stupid grin that have assumed since buying it and said 'now that's a fcuking car!' :drive1 I think I have at last converted him. :yahoo:

PASSED :clap:

No advisories at all.

Though the MOT guy mentioned my brakes would need replacing within the next few months. My rear pads were very close to teh advisory limit but I already knew they were low. When'I've managed to get my pennies saved it will be time for yellow stuffs all round and EBC Turbogrooves B)

CS as soon as I have saved the cash or some cash! I'll be putting my order in!

Just a quick one I've been looking back through my service sheets and discovered my front discs were replaced just before I bought the car will it be OK, for a while, to run EBC Turbos on the back and yellow stuffs all round?

I know the higher coefficient of friction and materials will wear the front discs faster.

Will the yellow stuffs bed in OK on these discs and then still be able to re-bed in when I get the turbo grooves for the front?

Thanks

Steve, no issues with running the TG discs/YS pads on the rear with the older discs on the front, I’d be inclined to put the TG discs/YS pads on the front at the same time, saves having to use your new pads on old discs and then repeating the bedding in procedure when you fit your new discs… :thumbs:

How much life is left on your current front discs… :thumbs: