Hmm Id like a bike

Zedrush

cheers all okay will look at R6 and then do direct access this years, cheers for info :thumbs:

Even an R6 is a mental bike, I think you should be looking for something a bit less crazy. A CBF600 would be a good 500CC+ size bike which isnt too crazy. Trust me when I tell you the throttle on the R6 is more like an on/off switch. One twitch and the bike will be launching up the road faster than you've ever been before, if you meant it or not :scare:

Having great experience with bikes and having personally destroyed a tdm 900 (if you remember an old thread with the willies :lol: ) i can not but agree totally with Chris!!! :thumbs:

CBF600 or a fazer...or even better a supermoto...brilliant and more fun that 10 Zeds... ;)

after a couple of years...and a few track days you can think about an R6...R6= 120+bhp!!!!! Rocket on wheels!!! :scare:

BTW can we swap godfathers pls???? i never got an R1 as a birthday present... :wacko::bang:

Having worked in the motorcycle industry and ridden some very powerful, nay silly bikes, raced, certainly wouldn't pick that as an ideal first bike. Find something more suitable powerwise to start with until your competent on the bike. We'd prefer not to see any Scarrush posts. ;)

Having worked in the motorcycle industry and ridden some very powerful, nay silly bikes, raced, certainly wouldn't pick that as an ideal first bike. Find something more suitable powerwise to start with until your competent on the bike. We'd prefer not to see any Scarrush posts. ;)

:lol: but I need a facelift anyway lol, thanks all for the input, well am booking direct access today, if I like it as never ridden before ill buy a bike but want a bike that looks good but one I get learn on. I was speaking to a mate last night and he was saying that when you ride a bike it actually makes you a better driver because you become more aware of your surroundings. He said there is little things like slippery road markings and bump and manhole covers you got to be careful of is this true? Also can you get automatic superbikes or triptronics or paddle shift like you get on cars?

manhole covers can be fecking lethal in the wet/damp, mate of mine was riding at about 30mph in the wet, a car pulled out in from of him, he slammed on the front brake and a bit of rear, but as this happed he went over a manhole cover, the front wheel just went from under him and as he fell off the handlebar smashed into his leg and broke it in pretty much every place. It took him 18 months to be able to walk again.

:lol: but I need a facelift anyway lol, thanks all for the input, well am booking direct access today, if I like it as never ridden before ill buy a bike but want a bike that looks good but one I get learn on. I was speaking to a mate last night and he was saying that when you ride a bike it actually makes you a better driver because you become more aware of your surroundings. He said there is little things like slippery road markings and bump and manhole covers you got to be careful of is this true? Also can you get automatic superbikes or triptronics or paddle shift like you get on cars?

There is only one zedrush........... :lol:

He said there is little things like slippery road markings and bump and manhole covers you got to be careful of is this true? Also can you get automatic superbikes or triptronics or paddle shift like you get on cars?

Yes this is very very true,

Don't think you get auto superbikes, you can get scooters that are auto.

I really have a dislike for autos, so i'm glad they aren't on big bikes. All bikes are sequencial anyway, and paddle shift? well the clutch is in your left hand and gears are at your right foot, so only moving two things in and out.

Glad other folk have told you NO to an R1,

i agree, i'v been riding 2 and a half years, done over 10k miles, (about 80% country roads) and nothing irritates me more than an R1 or R6 comes screaming past on the straights, then toddles round corners at 10mph, and to be honest jay, you'd probably be one of them (when you start)

I agree with the Sv650 comments, thats what i have, have had since i got my license, wow not superbike, wow not 120bhp, but if you learn to ride it properly, will kick most riders arses. Ask the folk at the Glasgow meet (even T2 and he will agree it can even go airbourne)

I need to get some new photos of the bike, cause this is majorly out of date,

Sv650s_At_night_by_ARphotographs.jpg

but you can pick them up from about £1k for an old curvy shaped one or about £2.5/3 for a decent pointy.

the thrills you get from ragging a smaller bike, and kicking big bikes arses is brilliant, i was out playing on some twisties with a Ducati 999r two weekends ago, i only ended up backing off cause we were above the limit thru the bends.

Yes being a bike rider makes you a better driver, but only if you are a good rider. It makes you more aware of your surroundings, what other drivers are doing, other hazzard and generally just better observation and judgement.

I agree with what Adam says about n00bs getting big bikes and smaller ones spanking it. Its the same with cars. Down a couple of local roads I could constantly spank knobs in Porkers in my Clio 1.2 because I knew the roads and more importantly the cars limits. I could take the corners much faster and they can only start to catch you on the straights.

that is gorgeous! I think Jay just wants to wear the sexy tight leather and stand next to it so that would be fine! :lol:

They sounds gorgeous too. Like the Nismo of the bike world, lovely and deep, but all hell breaks loose at higher revs. Really have to hear one, by far the best sounding bike out there B)

that is gorgeous! I think Jay just wants to wear the sexy tight leather and stand next to it so that would be fine! :lol:

:lol: busted :blush:

You need Louis' shoes to go with that. ;):p:lol:

I was speaking to a mate last night and he was saying that when you ride a bike it actually makes you a better driver because you become more aware of your surroundings.

The thing on a bike is you are so vulnerable to others mistakes and total lack of care. You don't have anything to protect you, no big pillars etc and it doesn't take much to put it off balance and eek, slide. People have selective eyesight to anything that doesn't have 4 wheels or more.

Also what's the insurance like????

the 916 sounds like a bag of nails!

Awesome though!

My neighbour has a 916 with termis on it. It has race boards too. Sounds and looks stunning. I saw it in bits a month ago and I must say it was just as stunning in bits!

His 1098S is just pure sex though!

I will own a fiat! :D