Boot Trim Removal / Advice Please

Zee

Just close your eyes and yank it!! Seriously thats how i did it.

Please dont listen to this nutter! :bangin::lol:

Get a trim removal tool off ebay for a couple of quid (search on here, been said plenty of times) and follow the service manual instructions to remove it. More often than not people break the retaining clips by "just yanking it"! :surrender:

i managed to use a flat head screw driver wrapped in a cloth to 'pop' the clips off, i wasnt being 'that' careful and didnt damage any of it.

the only bit i have removed is the bit with the top rear light attached, the rest comes off easily, or did on mine

Hmm don't like the look of that trim too as its made of metal, would be too easy to slip and scratch the panel/paintwork, specially with those pokey out bits

Would rather go for something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sealey-Trim-Tool--%26-Upholstery-Tool-Kit-Set-5Pc_W0QQitemZ160331829448QQcmdZViewItem

Get a trim removal tool off ebay for a couple of quid (search on here, been said plenty of times) and follow the service manual instructions to remove it. More often than not people break the retaining clips by "just yanking it"! :surrender:

Thats how me and nurrish got mine off too. No clips broken at all. TBH i think the trim removal tool would proably cause more damage with scratches. Plus its a waste of money :surrender:

Thats how me and nurrish got mine off too. No clips broken at all. TBH i think the trim removal tool would proably cause more damage with scratches. Plus its a waste of money :surrender:

Totally agree with you :thumbs:

Took most of the rear trim out of mine today just to make sure the car was nice and straight. I couldn't really do it when viewing the car now could i? :lol:

I can vouch for that :blush: I need some new clips for the boot & strut covers

Trim removal tool will scratch the interior, how is it going to do that? It goes behind the trim right to the point of the clip to make sure you dont flex anything, it applies pressure straight to the clip. Just wait until you try removing the trim a few times and get a bit voilent with it, you will break the clips. I've heard lots of people breaking clips with no tool, and with it, never heard of anyone breaking clips. For a couple of quid off eBay, they are well worth it ;)