bugs flies and moths

nixy

at the moment it seems every insect in the world wants to squash itself to the front of my car. I've used various different methods of getting them off, AG bug and tar remover, bug wipes etc. What i want is something i can get them off with inbetween washes rather than having to wash the whole car. Any recommendations?

Get a cloth, put it in hot water. lay it over the bugs for a few mins.

Remove and then they'll come off very easily.

Probably best to use some kind of quick detailer to remove them though so as not to damage the paint.

Get a cloth, put it in hot water. lay it over the bugs for a few mins.

Remove and then they'll come off very easily.

Probably best to use some kind of quick detailer to remove them though so as not to damage the paint.

Wet kitchen roll does a good job on bike visors, so a wet towel or something should work on a bumper ;)

so lets see dave, you don't drive in winter or wet in case it gets dirty, and you don't drive in summer in case it gets flies on it! :lol:

Have you thought of keeping the shell and selling the engine? :thumbs:

so lets see dave, you don't drive in winter or wet in case it gets dirty, and you don't drive in summer in case it gets flies on it! :lol:

Have you thought of keeping the shell and selling the engine? :thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol::clap:

Without doing a whole hog wash it is probably still best to get your PW out.

Auto Rae Chem sell a product called Brite Wheels - don't worry about the name I've not gone mad - it cleans wheels for sure but is also a killer bug shifter.

Wet bugged area - spray on Brite Wheels - leave a few mins but do not allow to dry - then PW off.

Product is wax freindly and you won't even need to get your mitt out.

Bug wipes are a poor product as insects have some pretty hard (albeit small) body parts that can scratch paint.

I usually damp the splatter bug effected area then use quick detailer spray to remove. Comes off really easily.

Do what i do and dont drive it :lol:

Lol, if I had a bright yellow Nissan again, I wouldn't either. Bugs, bright yellow car moving, ends up a bug mortuary. Bad enough when you're trying to wash a yellow car, being an oversized flower as far as bugs are concerned. :wacko::headhurt::lol:

Lol, if I had a bright yellow Nissan again, I wouldn't either. Bugs, bright yellow car moving, ends up a bug mortuary. Bad enough when you're trying to wash a yellow car, being an oversized flower as far as bugs are concerned. :wacko::headhurt::lol:

Tell me about it, i only have to get the car out of the garage and its soon covered with the dam things :headhurt::lol: