Close to buying, need opinon (2006 vs 2007)

smokedog

Pfff no contest. I would pick the 2006 version and spend £2k on mods.

You won't get an extra £2k back when you re-sell and if the quality of them are virtually the same with roughly same milleage then my money would be going on the 06.

In my opinion definitely buy the 2007 model. Worlds apart in performance. The 296bhp 2006 model has less torque and less power and a small few have a risky oil consumption issue. The 2007 "HR" 309 bhp model also responds much better to mods apparently and is generally a much better engine. Keep an eye out for the bump in the bonnet and the two air filters which only the latest 309 bhp model has. Most of the new "HR" models came in late 2007 on a 57 plate with only a small number with a 07 plate. Quite a few 296bhp models were registered in early 2007 and some people try to pass off a 296bhp car on a 2007 plate as a 309bhp version when in fact it has the older engine and add a couple of grand to the sale price, so beware.

Well I gone and done it :headhurt:

Put my money down for a BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe.

I head won over my heart. I drove a 350z and I loved it but the finance side of me told me the smart move would be the Z4. Its a few grand more than I would of paid of the Zed but its seriously well spec'ed. I knew if I would of gone for the Zed I would of wanted 19" Nismo wheels, expensive sat/hi-fi system, pop charger and other mods. So from a finance side I would of spent the same, if not more money,

I hope I don't regard it...

Well I gone and done it :headhurt:

Put my money down for a BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe.

I head won over my heart. I drove a 350z and I loved it but the finance side of me told me the smart move would be the Z4. Its a few grand more than I would of paid of the Zed but its seriously well spec'ed. I knew if I would of gone for the Zed I would of wanted 19" Nismo wheels, expensive sat/hi-fi system, pop charger and other mods. So from a finance side I would of spent the same, if not more money,

I hope I don't regard it...

U will...the 309 engine is in a different league to the prev ones and madmarky will back me up on that!!! :thumbs:

and u can get a 309 gt spec one with all the goodies for less money than a Z4..and you wont be seeing one every 5mins....and you ll be enjoying drifting for ever and ever!!! ;):)

Now you have done it tho...so all the best! :blush: