Thanks WRC

urbanmyth

Hi All

Don’t know is this is the correct section to post this (please move if it isn’t)

I would just like to say a big thanks to WRC Technologies

http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/

They have done a full APS Twin Turbo conversion on my car and I must say what a difference. The Z now runs smother, faster, idles better than ever.

Any one thinking of doing the APS TT thing I would hole heartedly recommend it. The kit transforms the car in to a car Nissan should have built in the first place.

As ever WRC Tech did a good job. This is the second car they have done off mine. If any off you are thinking off using WRC again I highly recommend them. Good work, price, service, and knowledge and excellent facilities. :thumbs:

Once again big thank Alan (Big Al), Chris (Mapping Guru) and Jamey (The technician)

:teeth:

Mark (urbanmyth)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Don’t know is this is the correct section to post this (please move if it isn’t)

I would just like to say a big thanks to WRC Technologies

http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/

They have done a full APS Twin Turbo conversion on my car and I must say what a difference. The Z now runs smother, faster, idles better than ever.

Any one thinking of doing the APS TT thing I would hole heartedly recommend it. The kit transforms the car in to a car Nissan should have built in the first place.

As ever WRC Tech did a good job. This is the second car they have done off mine. If any off you are thinking off using WRC again I highly recommend them. Good work, price, service, and knowledge and excellent facilities. :thumbs:

Once again big thank Alan (Big Al), Chris (Mapping Guru) and Jamey (The technician)

:teeth:

Mark (urbanmyth)

How much of an effect does this have on mpg?

The Mpg is running about the same if not a bit better

now that statement I find VERY VERY optimistic.

the fact that the mpg readout from the in car computer gets messed up by the installation doesn't mean your car uses less petrol with a TT conversion mate ;)

Yep i know Minel. i was going by how much i put in the tank to get home and there was not a big difrence. WRC silverstone me Colchester so a bit off a run.

but as i said that depend on how the car is driven.

if it is driven :scare: all the time then 3.5lt twin turbo will drink like a fish

The Mpg is running about the same if not a bit better

now that statement I find VERY VERY optimistic.

the fact that the mpg readout from the in car computer gets messed up by the installation doesn't mean your car uses less petrol with a TT conversion mate ;)

I agree, to say that is total bullshit. You can get reasonable economy, if you really try, but nowhere near standard. And anyway, wheres the fun in that? Not the reason I got turbo's.

Any pics of the car??? I certainly wouldnt recommend WRC, in fact I wouldnt let them change the oil on my car.

I will post some pics the weekend when it is clean.

As for WRC as I said this is the second car they have extensively modified for me both times I have found them to be superb in work, results and knowledge. My previous car ran flawlessly for many many miles. Witch is one off the reasons I used then againe

One of the benefit's of TT upgrades compared to supercharging is the off-boost fuel consumption is the same as a n/a car. When the ecu is programmed after the TT install EVERY point in the map is optomised. Torque and bhp increases are great, but all the part throttle load points are also optomised.

The easiest way to explain the improvement cruising at 80mph in top gear at 2700rpm on the motorway for example. In order to overcome rolling resistance/aero drag etc.. the engine may have to produce 100bhp for example. The standard car may produce 100bhp at 45% throttle, whereas the re-programmed vehicle may produce 100bhp at 35% throttle. At part throttle at 2700rpm the engine is not on boost with a TT - so these improvements are quite realistic. This is one point in the map with 10% better economy - and these changes happen to a varying degree at EVERY point in the map. Obviously a supercharged car is always on boost. Once the engine is on boost the map must be run a little richer than n/a - so your economy will suffer.

If your TT has very bad fuel economy it is an indication of a less than average install.

I'm not surprised the Baptist TT can't believe the numbers, as the (now defunct) company that mapped his car did not have anyone working there that understood how to programme ecus - as evidenced by their record of being the only European company to completely destroy a 350Z TT engine.

Happy to get your oil changed there instead - go for it.

Hi Chris, hope all is well :)

Fair enough comments, I'm no expert by any means but they do make sense to me.

Of course the same can't be said if you drive the Z as hard as you would have without a TT, if you see what I mean. ie for the 10% saved driving off boost, you'll lose X % much more when driving on boost :teeth: )

Funny how so many people have many different opinions of different tuners :) (not tuners on other tuners, I mean actual customers of tuners)

When I was @ Grantham getting Paintshield, I met an old guy who was there with his Evo 8 who had used WRC and he was very very happy too with the service he received, so urbanmyth is not alone :)

But when i was @ JapShow yesterday i heard another horror story regarding an APS oil pan...

It's usually good to follow word of mouth, but in your case guys it's impossible, one guy says you are brilliant, another has had bad experiences and so on! :lol:

I guess the only way is to use someone who've only heard great things about them, but do they exist????? :lol:

Guest prescience

Before this degenerates into polarised views and perhaps further, its probably best that you discuss on PM.

The 2 sides of the argument seem to me to be that, although WRC did have issues with the installation, they resolved them to the Customer's satisfaction and I think it is fair to leave it to that person to comment further.

On the other hand, 4 Vortech kits to my knowledge (baptist, Steve-B, StephenG and mine) to the same specifcation were installed without major problems to UK/JDM cars

yeah although it's also fair to recognise a Company's willingness to put things right: most important of all though needs to be the ability to learn from previous mistakes in order not to repeat them in the future.

As our friends the Latins used to say: Errare humanum est. Perseverare autem diabolicum (to err is human, to persevere is diabolical ) :D

Errare_humanum_est.jpg