Push Button Start

ab350z

Folks, thought about this the other day when I was having a sit in a workmates S2000. I've never seen anyone on here do the Push Button Starter mod, I remember a few CTR's having it when I used to go on their forum. Doesnt realyl serve much purpose as I think you still need to have the key in the ignition, just wondered if anyone had done it, thought about it etc??

I think a few guys on my350z have done. You still need the key in the ignition but its a pretty cool mod B)

i think Leemik has done it on his car, theres a thread about it here & on my350z :thumbs:

As Ian says there are a few on my350z that have done it. Personally I don't really see the point if you have to put the key in.

Now the developments on my350z about transponder start combined with start button is MUCH more interesting. Its the sort of thing I would love to have and would be marketable if done right.

I have a couple of different versions of push button starts that I bought a while back but never got round to fitting. If anyone is seriously interested let me know and I will dig the kits out and post up some pictures.

From memory one of them is just a single push start button with a choice of Red, Blue,Orange, Green buttons and the other one is a is a chrome panel approx 50mm x 100mm incorporating a Black rubber start button, ignition on / off toggle switch with a red safety cover and two ancillary toggle switches.

Alex. :thumbs:

Any chance of some pics Alex? are they illuminated like the S2000 buttons?

The chrome bank of 4 is not illuminated and I am unsure on the single coloured set up.

I will have to dig them out and have a look. :thumbs:

Any chance of some pics Alex? are they illuminated like the S2000 buttons?

The chrome bank of 4 is not illuminated and I am unsure on the single coloured set up.

I will have to dig them out and have a look. :thumbs:

:thumbs: Could be interested in a red button depending on price & looks :D

Also do they come with any wiring? The S2000 kits i've seen come with the wiring & the relay needed