Introduction and question

Hello

I bought a Zed a couple of weeks ago. 54 plate, GT pack, 38k, silver, £11.2k. We're still sniffing each other out but so far so good. I am planning a two week drive down to the south of France later on this month, which I am starting to get fully excited about.

I have a question, though. My Zed is fitted with with the ghastly birdbrain satnav. I much prefer my tomtom. Anyway, I think it is permanently switched on. At night time, a bit of light is evident from behind the plastic cover and if all is very quiet (ie when idling in traffic) I can detect a light hiss coming from the Bose. I have looked at the instruction book but I can't see any way of turning the satnav completely OFF. I am minded to remove a fuse but fear that might end in tears.

Any help gratefully received.

• 2 months later...

Hi and Welcome.

The hissing noise, I believe, is the power amp (under the boot facier) that drives the sub. it's 'always on' ... what a pain it is. I think a few have replaced it with slightly more expensive models ... presumably this made things better?

Thank you Zazur. I have been back from driving through France for some weeks now. I have to say I didn't even notice that there were any new speed limits. The Zed is really in its element at fast cruising on French motorways. I did 500 miles in one day (that's a lot for me) and the Zed was quite happy, very relaxed.

In just over 2000 miles of driving in two weeks I only saw one Zed - they seem to be pretty rare in France. The one I did see, south of Paris, saw me first and there was a good deal of flashing winkers and waving which was nice.