How much should camber and caster be on 309 model?

Greekman

So guys my Z goes to Hull Nissan for the 18000 mile service....

apart from that new exedy clutch and firanza flywheel...BDA disks, red ferrodos and cusco brake lines...underbody frame (that bolt on kit that goes under the car)...the cusco fully adjustable front wishbones or smth (the ones that look like an open A) and those bits that Zedrush posted about that look like that [ (dont know the name but envy know what i mean loool) :yahoo:

The question is how much should the angles be on the wheels??? :)

The car will be 20mm front and 15mm rear lower than stock on V1s, spacers and 40 profile....

Camber is currently -2.04L, -1.56R on the front wheels and -2,46 on both rear...

Caster 9.28FL, 9.10 FR...

and another thing that i dont know how its called is 0.2mm front and 0.2mm rear....

no probs ish (would swear its pulling slightly to the left) with these angles but the car is amazing on the track!!! :#1:

I am not bothered of uneven wear on tyres...i want perfect handling plus i love my track days!!! :thumbs::teeth:

There is no perfect setting, it's all down to the individual. Take your car to someone who does race-spec geos and explain to them exactly how you want the car to handle on track and let them do the work.

That's just the OEM spec for the car though: If you've got the adjustment to go beyond what the specs say, you'll end up with a far more aggressively handling car. Or are you saying that you run OEM specs on your car Alex?

What, so my reply of "There is no perfect setting, it's all down to the individual" wasn't obvious enough for you? Look, if you want to go by the Nissan book spec then Alex's post gives you all you need to know, and if you want to go for something out of those specs for trackwork then you'll simply have to do what everyone else does and that's experiment. My setup could be far too oversteery for you and you'd hate it, and it just as easily could have far too much understeer for your taste. It's a personal preference, and it's the reason that performance car manufacturers set their cars up for maximum oversteerability before they give them to Clarkson to test, as that's how he likes his cars setup and will give that car a better review because of it. They'll simply set it back to 'normal' specs before the car goes on sale.

How much under/oversteer do you want on the car? Or do you simply want it neutral? Nissan spec will be slightly understeery to help keep the n00bs on the road so slightly more aggressive than that will give you a neutral car, but I prefer mine to be slightly oversteery for a more defined (and bum clenching if you get it wrong!) drive. Each to their own.

What, so my reply of "There is no perfect setting, it's all down to the individual" wasn't obvious enough for you? Look, if you want to go by the Nissan book spec then Alex's post gives you all you need to know, and if you want to go for something out of those specs for trackwork then you'll simply have to do what everyone else does and that's experiment. My setup could be far too oversteery for you and you'd hate it, and it just as easily could have far too much understeer for your taste. It's a personal preference, and it's the reason that performance car manufacturers set their cars up for maximum oversteerability before they give them to Clarkson to test, as that's how he likes his cars setup and will give that car a better review because of it. They'll simply set it back to 'normal' specs before the car goes on sale.

How much under/oversteer do you want on the car? Or do you simply want it neutral? Nissan spec will be slightly understeery to help keep the n00bs on the road so slightly more aggressive than that will give you a neutral car, but I prefer mine to be slightly oversteery for a more defined (and bum clenching if you get it wrong!) drive. Each to their own.

Fair comment....but thats why i posted... in case somebody had numbers from his own set up... :)

I prefer my car slightly understeery if not neutral... under my heavy foot the Z is always neutral if not twitchy...never thought of it as understeery. I like a sharp turn in and within limits dont mind tyre wear....

Fair comment....but thats why i posted... in case somebody had numbers from his own set up... :)

I prefer my car slightly understeery if not neutral... under my heavy foot the Z is always neutral if not twitchy...never thought of it as understeery. I like a sharp turn in and within limits dont mind tyre wear....

It might be worth getting the car on track to see how it really handles. Typically the car understeers in the mid speed corners and is pretty tidy in the slow and faster stuff, then slowly gets to oversteer on the mid speed corners if you provoke it. At least in my experience. Am sure others will say how they find it....

And that's standard everything suspension wise, just Toyo boots.

This is a subject that i have never really found the answer :blush: so many factors involved.

My rear on lowered 30mm eibach's are 2.40 which is slightly out of the tolence range but the chap at the garage said this would be fine.(done on 18" alloys)

I now have 19's with a +20 offset and the same for AdrianK if i get a camber kit and bring the wheels into spec they will then rub :scare: i am happy with the stance and only time will tell if i have a tyre issue...... OK nearly forgot about the handling, AWESOME :D:D

I prefer my car slightly understeery if not neutral

In that case I'd definitely be sticking with the standard OEM specs that Alex posted, should give you exactly what you're after. Having a car that understeers when pushed is always the safer option, and almost always the best set up for the road. :thumbs:

I prefer my car slightly understeery if not neutral

In that case I'd definitely be sticking with the standard OEM specs that Alex posted, should give you exactly what you're after. Having a car that understeers when pushed is always the safer option, and almost always the best set up for the road. :thumbs:

Indeed :)

I find the stock car will understeer in mid speed corners as Rob suggests if you are not 100% commited. If you get off the throttle mid corner or apply less than maintanence throttle it tends to understeer, and a bit more throttle making it 100% committed tends to correct it causing it bite in a bit more. Yet more throttle provokes the back end and we all know what that does ;) I do tend to find it un-nerving going in to a corner less commited as the car feels very likely to just understeer off the road and its quite hard to force yourself to apply more throttle to balance it out