fuelling my new zed - advice please

new2350z

After months of looking I finally bought my zed and am totally chuffed with it :teeth: . I've a question over which fuel to run it on for 'normal' everyday use. I know the manual says to use 98ron - obviously its probably best to put in the best quality super unleaded you can but my problem is only a few garages near me do superunleaded which is only 97ron and I've already got caught out and had to put in standard 95ron unleaded on one visit. I just want to know if its ok to run the car on standard 95 ron unleaded for normal use - I've heard that you may have some performance loss but will not cause any actual engine damage since most newer cars engine management adjust firing to prevent the knocking, is this true? Also have read that using standard 95ron with an octane booster additive is good too.

Anyone any advice for best ways to run the zed for normal day to day use. Basically I'd like to keep fuel cost down but not at the expense of any possible engine damage since the car I got has good low mileage. If was doing a track day or fast run I'd obviously want to be using the highest ron super unleaded.

Cheers

The car will run ok on 95 ron, I ran mine on that until I found out it should be higher :blush: If you use 97/98 ron you will get better mpg which will off-set some, if not all, the difference in price. Obviously it's also better for the engine so go for the higher whenever you can.

+1 on what the others said. Fine to run on 95RON, but if you can get 98RON or better the car will be happier, as I find I get better MPG which offsets the extra cost of the better stuff ;)

+1

+2 :)