Who says men can't cook

T2JOU

5 minutes in the oven, 2 cheapo Ikea butter knives...

DSC00321.jpg

One clear fog light! Turns out the red section of the reflector is just a extra bit of red plastic behind the clear lense, after heating it all up, managed the prise the clear lense off and pop out the red bit and the metal reflector. Cheapest mod yet!

:yahoo:

Mate you are going to make a lot of new friends with that! When I got my clear light off Phil, it was pretty cheap, but they are mucho expensive these days. Should save a few people a few quid!

Top work :thumbs:

Mate you are going to make a lot of new friends with that! When I got my clear light off Phil, it was pretty cheap, but they are mucho expensive these days. Should save a few people a few quid!

+1 Might even have a go at it myself. Want to do a full guide, including oven temperature and time to cook?

+1 Might even have a go at it myself. Want to do a full guide, including oven temperature and time to cook?

I'll see what I can come up with tommorrow. Theres not much too it, once you've drank enough be stupid enough to put youe light in the oven ;)

I'll see what I can come up with tommorrow. Theres not much too it, once you've drank enough be stupid enough to put youe light in the oven ;)

:lol::lol:

Does it remove the dividing part thought, i.e when the indicator lights up, does it spill over into where the fog once was?

Good question. If it doesnt I'm tempted to crack open my spare OEM light, remove the lense and see it as a clear indicator cluster :lol:

Does it remove the dividing part thought, i.e when the indicator lights up, does it spill over into where the fog once was?

No, the dividing part is still there, the light just looks te same as the left hand side one (which strangely has the grooves for the red lense too). Will put them back on the car tommorrow and make sure though.

No Spillage luckily (thought it best to take a pic in the dark)

th_DSC00322.jpg

Won't you now need a red bulb to pass MOT. Are they easy to get?

Yes, Chris and Ian helped me out finding an MOT friendly one, see other thread... http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23242

Do u need to remove the rear bumper to get the light out?

R

The bumper does really need to come off, fortunately I needed to take it off take off and spray my parking sensors. Its pretty straight forward following the instructions in the guides forum.

Won't you now need a red bulb to pass MOT. Are they easy to get?

Yes, Chris and Ian helped me out finding an MOT friendly one, see other thread... http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23242

Yup, mines been through an MOT with a clear lense and a LED bulb. I was massively concerned the first time, but its fine :thumbs: