code reader urgently required

maz77

hi girls & guys

its the dreadful engine management light. came on this afternoon. its steady.

tried ECU reset didnt work. I followed the reset procedure to the best I can with no effect.

if any of you guys have a code reader I can use, that would be great.

meanwhile, I will try the ECU reset again.

car drives fine, accelerates fine. no sign of misfire.

I am guessing its the O2 sensor not happy with the K1 but the exhaust has been on for a while and the light only came up today and thats the only mod on the car (to my knowledge)

car had P3 service 2000 miles ago :wacko::wacko:

any help appreciated

Won't be anything to do with the exhaust as everything you changed is long after the O2 sensors. Only thing that would throw an O2 error code would be different cats or test pipes, or a leak before the sensors.

I might have one for sale in a week or 2 :)

which one is it ian?

Just a generic obd reader. you will need some software to go with it, I've been using a digimoto for the last few years with it with now problems :)

Hi maz,

I have some software on my laptop if ya need to see what the code is, let us know ?

does it retrieve ecu codes mark? I managed to reset the ecu and while i was writing the code down my neighbour knocked on the window and I sort of missed the last digit.

I am pretty sure it one of those three though

any ideas guys?

I am still looking for the code guide on here :wacko:

Very obscure codes those, any of them. I'd carry on as normal and see if the CEL comes on again, and if it does with a repeat code then we've got something further to go on. If not, call it a fluke and ignore it.

Very obscure codes those, any of them. I'd carry on as normal and see if the CEL comes on again, and if it does with a repeat code then we've got something further to go on. If not, call it a fluke and ignore it.

Ofcourse it is possible that Maz mis timed the flashes when extracting the codes & has ended up with the wrong codes ;)

Ofcourse it is possible that Maz mis timed the flashes when extracting the codes & has ended up with the wrong codes ;)

I doubt it to be honest. I was concentrating on the job in hand I couldnt see the guy till he was a feet away from me and he came in front of the car :wacko::wacko: .

I'll think i'll carry on as dan said and see how it goes.

I took the car for a blast afterwards and everything was fine.

according to nissanforums.com there is something called "ESM/FSM" which is sort of a code trouble shooting document. cant get hold of it but will keep searching.

appreciate the help & advice from everyone :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
I have the o2 spacers / simulators if you require them. :thumbs:

whats the science behind these Alex, I am thinking about Hiflow cats at the moment?

You shouldn't need them for hiflow cats :)

The only thing that should cause a CEL with regards to the O2 sensors is not running any cats at all, as the sensors then think there's something wrong as the emissions are miles too high (which, of course, they will be!). The O2 spacers lift the sensors out of the gas flow, so that they don't see as much crap in the exhaust as they would do normally so think that the cats are still there. It's not a perfect science, but for 99% of the time they work very well.