The sun is shining and my roof wont work.

martinmac

My luck must improve soon. :rant:

After cleaning the car the sun came out so I fancied a drive. Unfortunately the roof wont drop :headhurt:

For roadster owner, this is what happens. Windows drop, seats move forwar the rear lock disengages and there is a brief whirr for about 1/2 a second then nothing. There is an orange indicator on the dash. And yes, I have unlocked the fron lock.

Off to search now. Any ideas guys :blush:

Nismo ecu Martin? :lol:

If I hadnt seen Martin with his roof down with the Nismo ECU, I have pointed at that!

Does the flashy light give any sort of sequence? I'll go look in the Service Manual and see if it mentions anything.

My luck must improve soon. :rant:

After cleaning the car the sun came out so I fancied a drive. Unfortunately the roof wont drop :headhurt:

For roadster owner, this is what happens. Windows drop, seats move forwar the rear lock disengages and there is a brief whirr for about 1/2 a second then nothing. There is an orange indicator on the dash. And yes, I have unlocked the fron lock.

Off to search now. Any ideas guys :blush:

does it get stuck halfway or not move at all?

Thanks Dave I will try that.

As soon as the rear strut releases it stops Colin. The sections are free and I have sprayed them. I can move it manually so its not physically jammed. I am pretty sure its electrical rather than mechanical.

Thanks Andy. I have pretty much tried all versions. It has always worked fine. Its seems that the procedure is being interrupted.

One obvious thing would be to do an ecu reset, doesnt work with the Nismo.

I will disconnect the battery for a few hours and if that doesnt work I will put the original ecu back in to eliminate that.

on my last car (206cc) there were about half a dozen micorswitches for the roof and if one was a little sticky or slow to move then the roof would just stop, was a pain to track down which one it was, saying that tho my roof only stuck once in 4 years ownership so wasn't all bad :)

on my last car (206cc) there were about half a dozen micorswitches for the roof and if one was a little sticky or slow to move then the roof would just stop, was a pain to track down which one it was, saying that tho my roof only stuck once in 4 years ownership so wasn't all bad :)

Would be my guess. I think a microswitch somewhere will be sticking and that stops it moving further :thumbdown: