Just saying hi

I've been lurking for a few weeks and after test driving my first 350 at the weekend feel justified in finally saying hi!

I've decided to trade up from my 1.4 T reg Golf (burnt orange!) to something meaty before I'm 30 (6 months!) and after lusting over 350's for years I thought I'd check the second hand prices, to my amazement they were in budget. Anyway long story short I went to my local Nissan garage, commented that my biggest concern was whether one would fit in my garage, the salesman threw me the keys to a 57 plate coupe telling me to go and check it out and make sure the 25 miles left of petrol was enough to get me back again. I had to take it easy as my wife was with me but holy crap it was amazing even not breaking 50. Within 5 minutes I'd decided I needed one. The noise was incredible. Sadly my wife found the seat pretty uncomfortable, I tried to point out it's not the car's fault she's short, didn't go down well.

Oh and it fit in the garage!

Anyway I'm now going to go back to lurking pretty much daily and checking everywhere I possibly can for a UK '05 GT.

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Thats actually very good of the dealers, who was it.

My wife hates the long drives we do to meets but the social side makes up for it.

Good look with the search and feel free to post up links to any cars you find for our comments :thumbs:

Thats actually very good of the dealers, who was it.

My wife hates the long drives we do to meets but the social side makes up for it.

Good look with the search and feel free to post up links to any cars you find for our comments :thumbs:

It was Bailey's Nissan in Canterbury, the guy was very nice, it was literally 5 minutes after meeting him before he offered the keys, I was almost slightly insulted wondering if I look old enough now to be "trust worthy".

I've been phoning round all the Nissan garages in the south east looking for '05 zeds but so far they hardly have any zeds at all. I'll certainly be putting everything I see passed you guys :)

I've decided to trade up from my 1.4 T reg Golf (burnt orange!) to something meaty before I'm 30 (6 months!) and after lusting over 350's for years I thought I'd check the second hand prices, to my amazement they were in budget. Anyway long story short I went to my local Nissan garage, commented that my biggest concern was whether one would fit in my garage, the salesman threw me the keys to a 57 plate coupe telling me to go and check it out and make sure the 25 miles left of petrol was enough to get me back again. I had to take it easy as my wife was with me but holy crap it was amazing even not breaking 50. Within 5 minutes I'd decided I needed one. The noise was incredible. Sadly my wife found the seat pretty uncomfortable, I tried to point out it's not the car's fault she's short, didn't go down well.

Oh and it fit in the garage!

Can see you didn't enjoy your drive at all. :p:p:lol::lol:

When, as we can all see it will be when, :lol::p your wifey goes for a drive with you, just adjusting the seat a bit more will help. 2 adjustment points for co-pilots. ;) Happy wifey, happy you in a Zed. :D

My wife is 4' 11" and she was comfortable on the wales trip, but then I guess the seats are a lot softer that the ones in our last car ;)

Hello and Welcome :bye: Bye your wife a nice cushion :)

do Envy make one in a carbon-look cover?

:welcome: along.

My advice as always is to broaden the search. Loads of friendly owners here and one might be willing to have a look at a car for you if it's near to them. That way you'll know if it's worth traveling for!

:welcome:

there was a whole discussion at the wales meet saturday night in the hotel with the WAGS complaining about the seats - ask H5 and Shire what they told them.................... :lol:

Personally i find the seats really comfy but all my most recent cars have had a fairly hard ride and i prefer it.