Wannabe owner looking for advice

I'm looking to buy a UK GT spec with a budget of roughly £10k, which seems to allow me from a 53 plate to 05 (if i'm quick and stretch!). What I'd like to know is were there any improvements in the car during this build time? Problems identified and solved or slight tweaks etc? Is there any benefit in getting say a 54 plate over a 53 plate with the same mileage other than having a newer car!?

Also, when are the major service intervals for the car so I know what i'm reading when I see the mileage, and while I'm at it any recommended places for servicing in the Cambridgeshire area? I will be looking to use it as a daily drive as well as a road trip/fun car so the miles will rack up quite quickly, I've read this should be fine, but I have been looking at cat c/d repairs as they are a lot cheaper which would allow me to keep my current car (Toledo V5) for my daily commute. Any advice on using a 350z as a high miler?

Thanks for any advice given, I'm sure these won't be my last questions, unless I say 'f*ck it' and go buy one next week!

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Anyting pre 06 is before the facelift model so a few differences including non LED rear lights, rays not coming as standard etc. All this information is in the FAQ section in the forum.

There are ZEDS on here that have did over 100, 000 miles so as long as the car is and has been looked after don't see higher mileage being a huge problem. Personally I would stay away from any car that has been accident damaged.

As for issues, there are a few known issues that some peple have had including rear clicky axle, skipping BOSE system amonst others. Again, this information is all in the FAQ on the forum.

Good luck looking for your Z :thumbs:

Craig

Cheers all and thanks for the advice. I did look through the forum before I posted, honest! I'll have another look though. Currently looking at a tidy 54 plate with less than 40k that's in price range, could be a go'er! I have to travel far just to look at em though, there's pretty much no cars fore sale near me!, it'll be worth it though.

I'd still like to know of recommendations for where to get it serviced in the Cambridge/Peterborough area? I can only think of Marshall's Nissan of Cambridge, and would imagine they'd be quite expensive!