Carbon Fibre Effect wrap

austin350z

Please don't flame me down it's just an idea

i really like the carbon fibre bonnets but would rather spend the money it would cost on other mods so i thought of getting just the bonnet wrapped in a carbon fibre effect. Has anyone done this? does it look @*!# or ok? what are the thoughts?

Should be able to do that no probs would look fine I think. S1 HNK just has his whole car wrapped in white and it looks awsome.

I emailed the company about doing a half wrap in CF and was quoted £500 ex VAT, so a bonnet should only be around £200.

R

Ok so after very little research there is a company south birmingham who can do a nice carbon effect looking wrap for about £250+vat per bonnet as its not something he keeps in stock as a vinyl ( not the usual this is textured he assures me ) i'm going to try and get a sample as the company is only 3/4 miles away

That said he said the minimum order for a roll of this stuff is enough to cover 3/4 bonnets so if there was more interest the price would come down some,

Any interest at this first stage?

i looked at this but the reason i kept my roof black rather than carbon was because:

you can get really realistic carbon films but the best one i have seen has a foil back so it makes it virtually impossible to wrap on anything but a flat surface.

the printed carbon effect vinyl in my opinion looks rubbish and i certianly wouldn't do a bonnet in it.

the place i had my car done has just got in a new 3m product which had a texture to it like the weave but it lacked the gloss so if you could laminate this them it might look good but really there is no substitute for the real thing

I'm biased, but get a proper one.

You'll feel cheated and may regret that for £250 you could have gotten something better, especially when you park next to one that has a CF bonnet.

+1

A friend of mine had his bonnet done on his old C2 back in the day.

It really really wasn't my thing.

He took it off when come lads walked over to his car at a car show and shouted back to his mates "Oh it's only a f*cking sticker, idiot" My mate heard every word :lol:

Am I wrong in thinking the sheet of CF vinyl is £250 so its that divided by 3x bonnets? If so that isnt too bad at all.
nice carbon effect looking wrap for about £250+vat per bonnet as its not something he keeps in stock as a vinyl

That said he said the minimum order for a roll of this stuff is enough to cover 3/4 bonnets so if there was more interest the price would come down some,

It would really have to be some awesome vinyl tho...I still stick to my original if even biased opinion.

£250+ vat is the job done per bonnet the labour would still be 1-2 hrs he said so the only discount is on the material content

That said i hear what you guys are saying, i think i'd rather leave it std, that have it look anything but perfect. Or save a bit of cash and get the real deal

Personally, I think you would be better off saving up the cash a bit more and putting it towards the real deal. I have nothing against wraps, but if you're gonna be spending all that money...... some things are worth waiting for.