How friendly is the wales trip to your arse!

Richie

Hi all,

Quick question, my rear tyres are now very well worn, and i have no chance to replace them before the wales run, so i thought id better check that im not going to loose too much tread from the run. They were looking fine until i put it on the rolling road this weekend where it deposited a fair amount of rubber. This now brings my backs down to just under 3 mm left which is ok gripwise as long as its dry (rain: im gna be aquaplaning like a bitch!)

Fronts still have a reasonable amount of tread left and im not planning to keep the bridgestones when i change so im going to have to do all 4.

So the question is, am i likely to manage to get it through wales and home or should i be looking for somewhere to replace the tyres while im in wales?

Tyre fitters shut by the time i finish work, and im not in to office all week so i have no chance to leave early :( Only way its possible would be Saturday morning when i arrive in Wales.

Tyre fitters shut by the time i finish work, and im not in to office all week so i have no chance to leave early :( Only way its possible would be Saturday morning when i arrive in Wales.

chester then?

I would not worry at all mate. I had my MOT done a couple of weeks ago and i have only 2mm left on my rears. I will replace them when i am back, also with some new alloys :yahoo:

I would not worry at all mate. I had my MOT done a couple of weeks ago and i have only 2mm left on my rears. I will replace them when i am back, also with some new alloys :yahoo:

So all note!! , do not drive in front of him!! :p:teeth:

PMSL or behind! dont want him getting sideways at the wrong moment.

PMSL or behind! dont want him getting sideways at the wrong moment.

:lol::lol::lol: i will have the wife with me and she has a firm grip if i get to excited (with the pedal) :lol:

get a mobile tyre fitter to meet you at bala then they can be changed as we have lunch :teeth:

hope you can get them sorted and are able to join us

Ill be coming no matter what! Just might need to take a detour on the saturday to get them changed when im up there.

Altho im not normally too hard on my tyres!

Can't you do one tyre during one lunch break and the other on the following days lunch break?

It doesn't take that long to change oe tyre, so it's an idea.

Or ask a mate to swap cars and get him/her to take the car to the fitters.

Drop car off at fitters in the morning and have a mate take you to work. Then pick up during lunch

Just some suggestions

Im not in the office this week so i dont have any lunch breaks to play with :(. They will probs be fine as the motorway wont take anything out of them at all, its only the country lanes and twisty A roads that may cause increased wear. Also it seems a lot of tyre fitters dont stock the right size/brand that i want and i dont see the point in changing them now for tyres that i dont really want ^^

The only reason i was asking was because someone mentioned in the tyre mileage thread that it may be slightly less if you do the Wales and Jockland Hoon trips.

order your tyres online and bring them with you and get a fitter to do it there. easy to get 4 tyres in.

camskills are good on price if you want toyo or falkens as is black circles.

vredesteins are cheapest from the tyreman

and there is someone on here who was quoting good prices on MPS2's

3mm is loads of tread! If you shred that up just on the Wales run, your driving will likely get you a :ban::lol:

Honestly do not worry, just get them changed when you get home. 3mm should be good for at least a couple of thousand miles in my experience.

3mm is loads of tread! If you shred that up just on the Wales run, your driving will likely get you a :ban::lol:

Honestly do not worry, just get them changed when you get home. 3mm should be good for at least a couple of thousand miles in my experience.

+1, you will be fine, mine are the other war round, the front's on there way out :lol:

Seriously I wouldn't bother changing them for Bala! Save your tread for more spirited runs!

Remember, there will circa 60 cars and I don't think the mods will be happy about anybody gunning it anyway.

3mm will be fine anyway, it's not as if it's winter either!

Oh, and we do have Tarmac roads in Wales you know - it's not gravel like you see on WRC!