Front Nismo style half lip...

MITZ@CougarStore

Hi CS,

1st dibs!!

Does it come with a fitting kit ie instructions etc?

Cheers

Jerry ;)

Hi Jerry, its best to be attached using something like Tiger seal… :thumbs:

:scare: Whats Tiger seal, a glue? Not a bolt on then..

Thanks ab350z FOR PICS!

Jerry, I had a veilside one one mine and it was held on with double sided tape and the 4 bolts (2 each side) Tape was on the centre section.

Had no issues! as long as the fit is good and if CS says it is then it probably is :) but the veilside one wasnt a good fit on mine but a great fit on the guy who had it after me!! Go figuer!!

Tiger Seal is a bit more permanant!

Varis CF lips are hold on with 4 bolts and screws and some tape!

lips add so much to the front end, i love them. but the only problem is it will scrape everywhere, cant seem to get out of a drive without scraping the front bottom end anymore.

also had my little accident scraping the side but that's another story. will hopefully start having a go at repairing it tonight in fact.

:surrender: After careful consideration, I dont think it would be wise for me to have the Lip as much as I want it, as quite rightly pointed out, it will catch/scrape alot, especially in Croydon with speed bumps galore.

Thanks to CS for answering my queries.

Jerry

:surrender: After careful consideration, I dont think it would be wise for me to have the Lip as much as I want it, as quite rightly pointed out, it will catch/scrape alot, especially in Croydon with speed bumps galore.

Jerry

It gets easy once you learn how to get around ;)

Varis CF lips are hold on with 4 bolts and screws and some tape!

lips add so much to the front end, i love them. but the only problem is it will scrape everywhere, cant seem to get out of a drive without scraping the front bottom end anymore.

also had my little accident scraping the side but that's another story. will hopefully start having a go at repairing it tonight in fact.

Jerry

It depends tbh if the car is lowered or not.

I have the Varis Carbon Lip and have yet to have any issues with speedbumps.

Mind you, my car is not lowered.

mine isnt lowered either, and to be honest, speed bumps are generally ok, but i find driveways a nightmare, might just be where i'm from, but they dip quite sharply and i can just hear the apinful sounds of the front bottom edge scraping everytime :thumbdown:

Hmm, do you reverse onto the street from your drive or the head first?

I found that going head on from my drive to the street is bad, because the nose gets crazy close to the ground, even had the front bumper scrape when I didn't have the lip on.

No such probs reversing out of the drive tho.

Hmm, do you reverse onto the street from your drive or the head first?

I found that going head on from my drive to the street is bad, because the nose gets crazy close to the ground, even had the front bumper scrape when I didn't have the lip on.

No such probs reversing out of the drive tho.

i dunno, some drives i can do head out, but some i cant. find it really difficult to tell! and it's really really annoying!!

i dunno, some drives i can do head out, but some i cant. find it really difficult to tell! and it's really really annoying!!

Just make it a rule to drive head in to drives and reverse out of them into the street.

It's because the bodyline on the rear is more favourable for steepish driveway entrances.

Weather permitting, I'll post some pics tomorrow (if I scuff my Varis lip, I'll blame you!!!)

Jerry

Mat mine was a good inch lower than yours and didnt have an issue round those parts..... on the worse bits there may be a scrape under the spoiler that you cant see, and to be honest, your y-pipe will scrape more than then spoilers!

Just make it a rule to drive head in to drives and reverse out of them into the street.

It's because the bodyline on the rear is more favourable for steepish driveway entrances.

Weather permitting, I'll post some pics tomorrow (if I scuff my Varis lip, I'll blame you!!!)

i'm personally amazed that you havne't scuffed the lip yet. am very impressed and hope that you keep it that way! i had mine for a week and it's so painful to see. to be honest, all the driveways i had problems with, i had the problem without the varis lip even when stock so i think i had no chance.