Pickup suggestions?...

PhilTheForce

No not cheesy lines for the ladies. :lol:

My Dad is in the market for a pickup type 4x4. He's been eyeing up Nissan Navaras, Mitsi L200s etc.

Doesnt have to be pretty but does need to be reliable, 4 door version ideal and sub £4k

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of these types and what's any good?

They seem quite pricey to me :wacko:

My mate had an L200 warrior. He used it for his business and for pleasure. It was reliable and nice. Had the toys too. Looked the part too I thought.

One of my dads engineers has a Navara he uses for fishing and shooting. It is the older shape so must be that kind of price. Heard no complaints.

My mate had an L200 warrior. He used it for his business and for pleasure. It was reliable and nice. Had the toys too. Looked the part too I thought.

One of my dads engineers has a Navara he uses for fishing and shooting. It is the older shape so must be that kind of price. Heard no complaints.

Strange, I would use a rod and a gun.... must be hard casting a 4x4 :p

Oh! L200 for me, great bit of kit!

Strange, I would use a rod and a gun.... must be hard casting a 4x4 :p

Oh! L200 for me, great bit of kit!

Thats what the winch is for!

Oh and ficken laser beams on the roof for shooting!

when i farm in the summer my boss uses the nissan navara, got it last year and a very good piece of kit, its one of the older shape ones but still very capable.

Ekona on here has a 4x4 pickup for his work, i think its the ford version, but not sure what, he'll probably be able to give you the heads up on it.

I'm thinking of the Toyota Hilux that Top Gear couldn't kill................. :lol:

Yeah that was one of my first thoughts but I think Top Gear raised the value on these everywhere! Even 10 years old with +100,000 miles plus they are going for a lot of cash considering.

I'm thinking of the Toyota Hilux that Top Gear couldn't kill................. :lol:

Totally agree with Nixy.

We've got a Hilux (what we call ute), they can have high mileage and they still keep going reliably, parts are easy to get (presume they would be in the UK too), you can throw lots of very heavy gear on them no problems. Great motors in my opinion. I quite like the new Hilux ute's too. :blush:

But you are correct Phil they do tend to hold there value, mainly because they are very reliable workhorses. ;)

Almost forgot to mention if you go for a diesel option they are very economical. Literally smell of an oily rag.

I've had both gens of the Ford Ranger, and for £4K you'd almost certainly be looking at the older version. We've still got our old one, and while it's been absolutely bulletproof (maintenance has been the bare minimum and less for over 100K miles!, it's survived a coming together with both a Transit and a thumping great lorry!) it's hardly the last word in comfort. Does what it does very well though, although I would agree that either the Hilux or the L200 are probably better buys at that price point.