Speed Camera Boss - Caught doing 100mph+ !

R800NER

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/8035511.stm

Speed camera boss in 100mph drive

The boss of a speed camera firm has been banned from driving for six months after admitting speeding at more than 100mph on a 70mph road in Suffolk.

Tom Riall, 49, is a chief executive of Serco, which has provided more than 5,000 speed cameras in the UK.

He appeared at Sudbury Magistrates' Court and pleaded guilty to driving at 102.9mph on the A14 on 4 January, 2009.

Riall was fined £300, banned from driving for six months and had six points added to his licence.

Riall, from Ufton Nervet, near Reading, was caught speeding in his blue Volvo by a police patrol car on the eastbound dual carriageway just before 1300 BST, the court heard.

In court Riall "expressed deep regret" and is due to give a statement later.

On Serco's website it states the company prides itself on providing "robust evidence" of drivers' speeding.

Just laughing to myself over my lunch with this story... :lol::lol::lol:

Apparently his excuse was "I was busy concentrating on the road ahead and never noticed my speed creeping up".

I would love to concentrate more on the road ahead but im too busy looking out for his bloody cameras!!!

No sympathy, hope he loses his licence!

R