Can you tell what it is yet?

kta

Nice work buddy. If you do copies of the Nismo shape, you will probably sell a few on here ;)

Well this was my first attempt so i was quite pleased it worked out fairly well, I've actually already had one request to make another! I need to double check the screw threads on the gear lever on a few zeds though as i've read before that its 12 mm but when i checked mine (jdm) it was a 10mm fine thread (forcing the purchase of a whole new set of taps and dies! :scare: )

This one is in aluminium which colour matches quite well with the Zed's interior, but i may try stainless steel next... B)

Next i need to decide whether to attempt cutting a logo into the top with the laser engraver we have at work! :teeth:

Nice work buddy. If you do copies of the Nismo shape, you will probably sell a few on here ;)

Well this was my first attempt so i was quite pleased it worked out fairly well, I've actually already had one request to make another! I need to double check the screw threads on the gear lever on a few zeds though as i've read before that its 12 mm but when i checked mine (jdm) it was a 10mm fine thread (forcing the purchase of a whole new set of taps and dies! :scare: )

This one is in aluminium which colour matches quite well with the Zed's interior, but i may try stainless steel next... B)

Next i need to decide whether to attempt cutting a logo into the top with the laser engraver we have at work! :teeth:

Join the queue :

1 ) JT1703 ;)

looks great. make them out of titanium and will look even better

Yeah its a bit trickier to get hold of than aluminium but I might just try that!

btw If anyone does know for sure what type of screwthread is on a UK model gear stick let me know, my local nissan garage may object if i start trying to pull their knobs off! :lol:

A bit more polishing and a quick coat of lacquer and a few more pics for JT. Got hold of some more bar today so another design coming soon! Laser tests going well photos to follow soon on that too..

Gside.jpg

Gtop.jpg

Gbase.jpg

Looking B)

Is anyone able to confirm the thread size on a UK car gearknob ?... failing that I'll have to pull my knob off tonight and measure it ! :blush:

You should come down to the Wales meet weekend, then ermmm, errr (hesitates to say that he will pull it off and measure your knob for you! :scare: )

Looking B)

Is anyone able to confirm the thread size on a UK car gearknob ?... failing that I'll have to pull my knob off tonight and measure it ! :blush:

You should come down to the Wales meet weekend, then ermmm, errr (hesitates to say that he will pull it off and measure your knob for you! :scare: )

I've had a few offers in my time but an 800 mile round trip to measure my knob seems a bit extreme :headhurt::scare:

I'll get it off this weekend and let you know.

Cheers :thumbs: