Possible New Owner

Hi everyone. I been browsing through the technical section for the past few days to get an idea of what a 350z is like and general reliability.

I'm currently torn between selling my 2001 2.7l Boxster and getting a 2006 350z or holding onto the Boxster.

My box is pretty nice http://www.digitaljersey.co.uk/detailed/dsc00831.jpg but it's getting on to 9 years old and i'm really worried about the catastrophic engine failure issues - my mate blew his similar car (year/mileage) in France last year and it cost him £12k to fix and it's not a uncommon issue. I've had a few niggly problems with it recently and think that now's probably the time to offload it before I get a hefty repair bill for something!

The 350z I've got my eye on mthis one for £15,500 cash price http://www.belroyalmotors.com/Used-Cars/350Z-3.5-v6-313-BHP-GT-Pack/ has much better spec than my boxster and I actually prefer the 350z interior (from seeing the pics).

So generally speaking how reliable are 350z's? Do you think it's a good price?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Chippy and welcome to the site :thumbs: .

As Maccaman says this car is very expensive for its age, plus it does not have 313 bhp as it is an 06 model which have 296 bhp :thumbs:

For the price of this car you could pic up an 07/57 plate which does have 313 bhp.

Hi there,

Just one thing to note. I don't think that car is a 313 as it's a 2006. You can tell as all 313 cars are 2007+ (can't remember the exact month but may be June??), have the bulge in the bonnet and also that style of blue was discontinued on 313 cars. Just thought I'd mention it as not sure if you specifically wanted a 313.

It looks very nice though. Good luck with the hunt!

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I'm taking it for a test drive tomorrow, and have the cash sorted. At the moment the boxster scares me......too many engines blowing and I've got no warranty!

I did notice when i looked at it the other day that there were loats of stone chips on the bonnet. The dealer is offering to respray it for free, which I presume will mean it'll be less prone than the standard paint job to re-chipping? I'll also get a 12 month warranty from them too.

Is the CD headunit a double din size? If I decide a little further down the road that I wanted satnav could I fit a double din unit in there?