ALL MY GEARBOX OIL LEEKED OUT,...HELP

Qas

Hi , im new here and need some help, ive just started trying to fix my crashed 350z. i took the front radiator off and tried to move the car forward a little and didnt realize the gearbox oil is cooled through the radiator, all the oil leeked out as i tried to accelerate forward :headhurt::bangin:

My car is a 2003 jap import automatic. I need to know how much gearbox oil I need, and a rough guide on how to change it. the dealer said its possibly called matic j but were not too sure and said i should comfirm first!

Im also after a lot of front end parts so will be needing someone who either has any or knows where to get them..

Thank you!

Hi , im new here and need some help, ive just started trying to fix my crashed 350z. i took the front radiator off and tried to move the car forward a little and didnt realize the gearbox oil is cooled through the radiator, all the oil leeked out as i tried to accelerate forward :headhurt::bangin:

My car is a 2003 jap import automatic. I need to know how much gearbox oil I need, and a rough guide on how to change it. the dealer said its possibly called matic j but were not too sure and said i should comfirm first!

Im also after a lot of front end parts so will be needing someone who either has any or knows where to get them..

Thank you!

Got any pics Qas, where r u from?

My problem is without being able to move the car to my garage about 12 meters away i cannot get started, Have you ever tried pushed an auto 350z :blush: Its impossible lol.

The car looks a whole lot worse than it is because ive taken off most parts. It drove home. My father owns a garage and after looking at the car has just told me to get the parts so he can jig and set the front.

So any help would be most appreciated. :)

Might be a good idea to post up a list of the parts required.

There are a few of us on here who between us should get you fixed up with all the parts that you require.

I am a bit short on body panels at the moment but I would have all the mechanical bits that you require.

Cheers,

Alex.

My car is a 2003 jap import automatic. I need to know how much gearbox oil I need, and a rough guide on how to change it. the dealer said its possibly called matic j but were not too sure and said i should comfirm first! Thank you!

not sure of the automatic gearbox tbh. I got mine done last week (manual gearbox). there are to bolts you need remove (with a hex key I think). one is at the bottom of the gearbox and the other one is on the right side of the gearbox casing. you remove both to drain the oil out completely. then bolt the bottom one back on again. you fill the gearbox oil from the side. fill it till it start to spill out as the side bolt opening is at the required oil level.

before you try doing any of that confirm with someone on here or your dealer that the auto gearbox has a similar set up to the manual.

may I also suggest you get a service manual. I have a similar project car and the service manual is great help. just make sure you get the manual thats relevant to the UK.

good luck :thumbs:

Welcome Qas,

Here's what you need and do.

The oil is only available from Nissan, you need AT-Matic J Fluid, Nissan part no KE908-99932, it is sold in 1 litre bottles you need about 3 litres and the dealer has to order it.

Use the drain plug under the gearbox to empty all the old oil out of the gearbox.

When you come to fill it up you will find a tube with a stopper at the back of the engine just in front of the J stamped onto the bulhead. You need a 10mm spanner to remove the nut at the side and the stopper can then be removed which you will then see is a dipstick.

Fill it up slowly using a funnel checking the marks on the dipstick and remember do not overfill. Start the engine and run for one min then put the gearbox through P-R-N-D-N-R-P and then switch off engine and check dipstick, fill up repeat as required. Then replace dipstick and replace bolt, job done :thumbs: