Summit underbody bracing

Ekona

Anyone here ever fitted it before? I've got the complete set and tried fitting it at the weekend minus any instructions. The kit looks like this:

350Z-KIT-lrg.jpg

I've got the small brace that fits between the two front lower control arms on, and I've worked out where the other two long bits go as well. The trouble I'm having is with the big X-brace, as I know where it's supposed to go but there's no bolts or even nuts to bolt to! The actual location is as this:

z33-fl-lrg.jpg

As per the picture, the bottom two bolts (exhaust end) are fine, but where the top two go (gearbox end) there's no bolt or nut or thread there on my car, so just how do you fit it? If needs be I can always drop a rivnut in the hole that's there, but there must be a different way of doing it as the rest of the kit just bolts up exactly where you'd expect it to, and it seems a bit weird that they want you to bolt to a place that has no existing bolt there...

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi Dan,

Unfortunatly I havnt got a clue on this one... Yet to fit mine! But guess this is a heads up.

I think Alex has these (well the GTSpec ones) on his roadster.... As does Kev (Envy) but I think both posted "elsewhere"

I think there was fitment issues on the UK car and this could have been it....

Have PM'd you back BTW ;)

Hi Dan,

Unfortunatly I havnt got a clue on this one... Yet to fit mine! But guess this is a heads up.

I think Alex has these (well the GTSpec ones) on his roadster.... As does Kev (Envy) but I think both posted "elsewhere"

I think there was fitment issues on the UK car and this could have been it....

Have PM'd you back BTW ;)

if you have the kit waiting to fit, does it by any chance have any extra fittings with it, as when i was helping Ekona the only things we found with it were 2 washers for spacing one of the braces.

Hi, when i bought the braces off ESR, i was assured that all fixing points were a simple matter of undoing the existing bolts in the relevant positions and rebolting with the braces in place. I didn't get any instructions with it, and don't know if they actually do instructions for them. I was talking to a trader at Japfest last year who supplied ESR with all the summit stuff, can't remember the name but will do a search for them and downloadable instructions in the meantime. :thumbs:

Hi, when i bought the braces off ESR, i was assured that all fixing points were a simple matter of undoing the existing bolts in the relevant positions and rebolting with the braces in place. I didn't get any instructions with it, and don't know if they actually do instructions for them. I was talking to a trader at Japfest last year who supplied ESR with all the summit stuff, can't remember the name but will do a search for them and downloadable instructions in the meantime. :thumbs:

Funny enough the clue is in the pic!!! Invoauto!! And nope, no instructions on their site!

Found this on the GTspec website...

gts-sus-1131-install.jpg

Sorry Steve, I didn't mean for my post to sound like a dig at you at all. I wasn't surprised to get no instructions with the braces as that's pretty much how I'd assumed you'd have got them from ESR anyway, hence why I didn't contact you first at all as I know if you'd had them then you'd have sent them. I apologise if my post came across as a dig at all, certainly wasn't meant that way.

I'll e-mail Invoauto I think and see what they say about it.

There should specific bolts with a leg welded on to them which you feed through one of the other holes.

The leg acts as a finger piece to allow you to feed the bolt into place and then it acts as a lock to stop the bolt turning inside the chassis leg when you tighten up the nut. ;):thumbs:

Alex.

That was pretty much our thinking on Sunday, that there had to be a specific fixing or something for the brace. Now all I need to do is to get hold of one...!

Thanks for your help chaps, I'll try and source the bits I need. Alex, if I don't succeed any reason why a rivnut wouldn't work?

Adam if you do have the bits laying around that would be great, happier to buy from someone who knows exactly what I need regardless of distance. I do already have the bolts in place through the rear holes, that was the only way we knew we had the brace in the right place! :lol: