It's broken, so what should I replace it with?

pembo

Hi,

Had a nice little trip over to devon this weekend only to have it ruined somewhat by the exhaust pipe breaking at the join between the cat pip and the one going to the back box (I think).

I've figured that seing as it's partly off already and after 5 hours of driving with no silencer that I might as well replace it with something different (I guess it would be a bit cheaper as well?)

Anyway, I haven't got a clue where to start with getting this done so if anyone could give me any tips on:

-what aftermarket exhaust to go for, nothing too crazy and value for money is a must because I've got a lot on at the moment and money is tight.

-garages near Chelmsford that you would trust to not balls it up, I'd give it a go but don't know if I trust myself enough yet and I've seen on here that places should do it for around £50.

Cheers,

Mike

AAny franchised fitter should be able to fit it Mike.

If you want to keep costs down you would probably get a standard one from somebody who has upgraded for a good price.

Otherwise a K1 from CS would be a good option.

Nothing to crazy though Martin :thumbs:

Depends on your budget bud, i think the scorpion starts at about £380 ish although it might be wise to see who is selling on here :thumbs:

Thanks, yeh the scorpion one is coming out around that price, had a look at whats going on here and although I'd be very tempted by the NISMO one £650 its pretty steep for me at the moment. I know you should always go for the best possible but what are the main advantages of something over a NISMO over a scorpion or a K1, sorry I have no idea about exhausts, I was happy enough with the standard sound.

Yeh saw a video of the K1 and it does sound a bit crazy, might be tempted if its a good deal though, sorry about my ignorance but who are CS?

CS is a trader on here and i'm sure he has the scorpion in stock, added bonus of next day delivery :thumbs:

The nismo zorst is far superior to the scorpion in terms of build quality (you get what you pay for) although many members on here have got the scorpion and are impressed.

I'm sure CS had something in the pipe line a short while ago, give him a pm and ask him :thumbs:

had no idea the K1 was only £345. dont know much about exhausts either, just been reading around the forum and noticed that it seemed to be the loudest exhaust ever, so just assumed it would really expensive. and only really thought of the scorpion as the cheapest exhaust.

so what is the difference between the K1 and scorpion in terms of quality. sound wise i guess the K1 is louder, but by alot?

just strange that the K1 is cheaper than the scorpion.

please also excuse my ignorance on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

That £650 used Nismo one is sold I assume as I messaged the seller a while ago about this but not heard anything.

AdrianK the photo in your sig looks like a Nismo exhaust or is that an old photo before your Buddy Club was fitted?

That £650 used Nismo one is sold I assume as I messaged the seller a while ago about this but not heard anything.

AdrianK the photo in your sig looks like a Nismo exhaust or is that an old photo before your Buddy Club was fitted?

The Nismo in that pic now resides on Chris'I car I think....

I reckon the scorpion's build quality is on par with the K1. It all depends how loud you like your exhaust :evil: The K1 is loud and it may get on your nerves after a while, but the scorpion is more refined. It gives a nice roar when you floor it, but unobtrusive when cruising along. Of course adding decats or hi-flow cats will make any exhaust louder. ;)

I reckon the scorpion's build quality is on par with the K1. It all depends how loud you like your exhaust :evil: The K1 is loud and it may get on your nerves after a while, but the scorpion is more refined. It gives a nice roar when you floor it, but unobtrusive when cruising along. Of course adding decats or hi-flow cats will make any exhaust louder. ;)

the scorpion is a nice bit of kit, but i saw them fit one down at DMS and there was still an issue with alignment. nothing a fitter can't fix, but they had to remove it and reshape one of the mounts. so not one for DIY fitting. but once on it did look very nice. i think on par sound wise to the nismo, not too loud, but enough to notice a difference.

The Nismo in that pic now resides on Chris'I car I think....

Indeed it does, no decent editing programs/ time here to do a new sig yet!

Does anyone have any photos of the Scorpion exhaust fitted? I have looked on the net but can only find pics of the system on its own, but not fitted. I know it is slash cut which isn't my preference but still interested to see how it looks and sounds. I can only find about two clips on youtube, not many. Does anyone know the stock bore diameter compared to the Scorpion bore diameter - is stock 2.5" and the Scorpion the same or bigger? The lifetime warranty leads me to believe it must be very good quality but amazing value as it is only £350 inc vat from what I can see. The fitting issue is a pain but something I could forgive if it is very good quality apart from that. What exactly is the issue with fitting it - is the mid pipe too long?