OEM Air Filter Removal - CEL

evest

Hi folks,

I removed the OEM air box today with a view to temporarily fitting an upgrade which a mate had lent to me, to try it out before buying one. Unfortunately it didn't fit as the piping section was too short so I put the old one back on.

Unfortunately the CEL is now on. I'll try the ECU reset tomorrow (bit anti social to do it now!).

My mate did rev the car a few time whilst the air box was removed - is this likely to have damaged something? Car has run just fine for the rest of today, and I'm confident that the air box has been refitted correctly.

Thanks for your time to anyone who can help! :)

Sleechy

My mate did rev the car a few time whilst the air box was removed

:blink::blink::blink:

I... I'm almost lost for words. Best get some new friends, preferably ones with half a brain so that they may realise that even starting the engine with no filtration on at all is not exactly a great idea, much less blipping the throttle like it!

I agree, probably hasn't done any damage at all, but it only takes one little bit of dirt to get through to completely screw up an engine.

Thanks guys; I agree running engine without filter was stupid :blush: If its any consolation I spent a good 8 hours over the weekend rubbing various products on/in her, including wheels off for a full scrub and dress! As I said before - the car is running great so I don't think I've bust anything.

Have tried reset a few times today with no joy, but I'm aware it's not that easy to get right so will persevere. If it's not happening I'll pop her down to my local Nissan.

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Sleechy

Hi folks,

Unfortunately the CEL is now on. I'll try the ECU reset tomorrow (bit anti social to do it now!).

Why is the ECU reset antisocial? You don't have to have the engine running when you do it !

Hi folks,

Why is the ECU reset antisocial? You don't have to have the engine running when you do it !

he must have some touchy neighbours :lol:

Yeah I mis-read the initial instruction about turning the ignition on - thought it meant engine running which I why I didn't want to do it late at night! :scare: Don't worry - I haven't been red-lining her - just haven't got the timing right yet!