Pasenger window wont lower

martinmac

I was talking to a friend tonight and his son Stephen owns a JDM 350z. He has already been charged £240 to replace a headlight bulb by a dealer and has further problems which are making him very unhappy with the car. The dealer in Liverpool have refused to investigate the fault as his car is an import :headhurt:

The current problem is that his passenger side window doesnt drop. As such any passenger has to climb over the driver side to get in. This has been going on since November :scare:

He will be joining the forum soon but is a bit shy so having told him we are all very friendly feel free to post up your solutions to this. :)

possibly a dodgy relay, when the door opens it is not activating the switch to drop it. where they are located and how to fix them is another issue, and one i can't answer.

i think there is a box of tricks in the door which is the control unit for the window, maybie swapping that out might fix the problem, but my limited knowledge on electronics in the Zed mean i'm not sure whats what and where to find it.

i'm guessing a bit of investigation with a multimeter should find the connection issue. it could also be a loose connection or wire. it might be worth taking the trim off and having a look to see if anything is loose

Please pass him my details. I have all the electrics, mechanisms and motors etc. I have just supplied and fitted a motor for a fellow zed owner 2 weeks ago with the same problem, but thats worst case scenario. Lee :thumbs:

Please pass him my details. I have all the electrics, mechanisms and motors etc. I have just supplied and fitted a motor for a fellow zed owner 2 weeks ago with the same problem, but thats worst case scenario. Lee :thumbs:

Thanks bud, thats exactly what I was hoping for. :D

Not sure of any other fix, but surely the easiest option would be for the driver to turn the ignition on and drop the passenger window so the door can be opened? Quick fix courtesy of a novice !

. He has already been charged £240 to replace a headlight bulb by a dealer..

WTF!

that must be extortion! :wacko:

The wing is removed to replace the bulb :headhurt:

my bulb has gone, but i thought i had to just remove the wheel arch lining, god those nissan techicians are a bunch of div's. note to self don't use that :dry: dealership

. He has already been charged £240 to replace a headlight bulb by a dealer..

WTF!

that must be extortion! :wacko:

The wing is removed to replace the bulb :headhurt:

I think that ought to be brought to attantion of the press !! ;)

I was talking to a friend tonight and his son Stephen owns a JDM 350z. He has already been charged £240 to replace a headlight bulb by a dealer and has further problems which are making him very unhappy with the car. The dealer in Liverpool have refused to investigate the fault as his car is an import :headhurt:

That's rather double standards, we'll slug you for 240 smackers to replace the headlight bulb, but we won't investigate a fault.

Pity he's not a bit nearer to ZMANALEX or one of the others to find fault codes.

Tell him one thing to remember, they're only parts therefore fixable and usually not too much of a major. :D Even easier when you're part of a community, and now these cars have been around for 6 years, there's not much we don't know about them. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.... I'm finally here at long last!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your posts and help with this one but the window is actually fine.

The problem I have is that the passenger side door will not open even though it makes the right noising.

I can only assume that there is either a dud fuse in the power locking or the mechanism has failed.

This happened after all the cold weather which makes me think its mechanical......

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Glad you got this sorted bud. I am also pleased that it was nothing serious. Just in case you are feeling a little miffed that it was something so simple I will post a clue here to see if anyone else can work it out. This is how we get all the knowledge on the forum mate. ;)

Problem; Passenger door doesnt open.

Clue; Original key fob has failed so he is using the spare one.

OK guys, go for it :)

Glad you got this sorted bud. I am also pleased that it was nothing serious. Just in case you are feeling a little miffed that it was something so simple I will post a clue here to see if anyone else can work it out. This is how we get all the knowledge on the forum mate. ;)

Problem; Passenger door doesnt open.

Clue; Original key fob has failed so he is using the spare one.

OK guys, go for it :)

JDM - therefore first key was programmed to open both doors on one click, but spare key wasn't. Need to press unlock on second key twice to open both doors.

Probably wrong, but that's my guess :blush:

The issue was embrassingly simple. If you one click the lock actually on the key it only opens the drivers door and twice to open all doors.

However I always used the fob to open all doors. Must have pressed it once by accident and by using the fob this has actually been opening the drivers door and locking the passenger door at the same time.

Either that or the mechanic just had healing hands!!!