BYE BYE TO YOU ALL

350zSUCKS

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, there's nothing like a bit of racial stereotyping to brighten ones day :D

Funny story about the "sore finger" one. When I was at college, we used to go to the local chippy for lunch. Shockingly enough, owned by a chinese family. Earlier that week, a former Royal Marine stood on my hand accidentally & me pinky nail went black. Asked for sausage & chips or sumsuch, went to hand her the change. "Sore Finger" she said, "Yeah bloody kills" was my reply, the entire chip shop erupted with laughter & she chased me out with a broom thinking I was taking the ****!!!!

Holy crap, there's nothing like a bit of racial stereotyping to brighten ones day :D

Funny story about the "sore finger" one. When I was at college, we used to go to the local chippy for lunch. Shockingly enough, owned by a chinese family. Earlier that week, a former Royal Marine stood on my hand accidentally & me pinky nail went black. Asked for sausage & chips or sumsuch, went to hand her the change. "Sore Finger" she said, "Yeah bloody kills" was my reply, the entire chip shop erupted with laughter & she chased me out with a broom thinking I was taking the ****!!!!

I've never been to a chippy owned or run by a chinese family. I think I'm missing out!

I've never been to a chippy owned or run by a chinese family. I think I'm missing out!

You definately are! Our local chippy is owned by what I can only describe as a typical English thug and staffed by Chinese people. They are all lovely, but do conform to every stereotype out there! Highly amusing :lol:

Never mind the racial stereotyping of who owns what, I'm just amused at the use of the word 'chippy' - never hear that here, they're known as 'chipper' here. Another variance in the Scots/English dialect!

And they're not usually owned by Chinese families either, as a lot of you seem to be saying is the case.... :wacko:

Never mind the racial stereotyping of who owns what, I'm just amused at the use of the word 'chippy' - never hear that here, they're known as 'chipper' here. Another variance in the Scots/English dialect!

And they're not usually owned by Chinese families either, as a lot of you seem to be saying is the case.... :wacko:

I had to say chippy as everyone would have thought I was weird saying chipper. I think it's an Aberdonian thing Cara.

I had to say chippy as everyone would have thought I was weird saying chipper. I think it's an Aberdonian thing Cara.

Only time I used "chippy" was when the wee van used to come round the streets :snack:

Come to think of it, I think you're right that it's an Aberdonian thing. We're weird then here..... or should I say special :D

Come to think of it, I think you're right that it's an Aberdonian thing. We're weird then here..... or should I say special :D

...needs? ;):p

You've met me Digsy...... You know the answer to that! :lol::lol::lol:

Where did the window licker smilie go?????

I'm with Nixy. Took nearly the whole thread before I got 'sore finger' and then it was only thanks to Chris. Thanks Chris :clap:

Me Chris? Or a different Chris? :S

Btw Chilli, lovin' the modded Red Zed, Sure I've seen that driven around Cambridge a few months ago . . .

I'm with Nixy. Took nearly the whole thread before I got 'sore finger' and then it was only thanks to Chris. Thanks Chris :clap:

Me Chris? Or a different Chris? :S

Btw Chilli, lovin' the modded Red Zed, Sure I've seen that driven around Cambridge a few months ago . . .

Probably when we had her serviced at Marshalls :thumbs: Caused havok there as she was too low for the ramps

but, they were brilliant and sorted out an alternative.

It was Chris S I think, did make me laugh, if anyone could have heard me :lol:

It's a shame really, I was going to give him\her a lesson in english grammar and spelling...

Nothing irritates me more than people that live here, but have not made the effort to learn the language properly.

I am chinese and have made that effort, so you won't be hearing "Beef flied lice" outta me.

Total facepalm moment tbh...

lol....weird I always imagined you to be a white guy when replying in your threads, nothing gave it away......bet there is plenty of folk on here I think are white and turn out not to be... :lol::lol:

Guess what colour I am :teeth:

Special-bus-type special needs :lol: You could be quite right

It's a shame really, I was going to give him\her a lesson in english grammar and spelling...

Nothing irritates me more than people that live here, but have not made the effort to learn the language properly.

I am chinese and have made that effort, so you won't be hearing "Beef flied lice" outta me.

Total facepalm moment tbh...

lol....weird I always imagined you to be a white guy when replying in your threads, nothing gave it away......bet there is plenty of folk on here I think are white and turn out not to be... :lol::lol:

Guess what colour I am :teeth:

:lol:

Hot pink? ;)