p2 service

drbrunel

Hi guys

My z has now done just over 50 000 miles and I believe is in need of a p2 service.

Both Nissan Mill hill and Gyn hopkins watford are quoting around £300 which seems really high considering the work that is involved... Can anyone tell me what is the difference between P1 and P2

Do I have to go for a P2 or should I go for a P1 which i understand is cheaper. Ill be supplying my own oil but I have a feeling they will tell me I need new front discs and pads which will obviously add more cost.

any idea if there is anywhere else cheaper in the London Area?

Cheers

If they tell you that you need discs and pads,get a price off them and after you stop laughing at them price some aftermarket ones.See how much you save or get better ones for the same price as oem.

Wayne, I received a PM off drbrunel on Saturday, so I've given him a few prices to compare against Nissan... :lol::thumbs:

thanks for all the responses guys. Dont think ill be looking at those kinds of prices for anything around london. My may just get my local garage to carry out the work as the car is out of warranty. Ill get them to price some breaks for fitting but ill be getting the ones from CS depending on what is required :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

I have called around to book my car in for P2, toomeys in basildon, £238, Glyn Hopkin in colchester started at £360, dropped to £300, then to £260. Going to get it done in Colchester as will spend £20 getting to basildon and back.

you need to haggle, i told toomeys i had been quoted £250 by glyn hopkin, so they come back with the price the did.

i'm also due a service at the beginning of may. this will be the third service, a year after the second as it hasnt cover 9k miles in the year. am i right in saying that i need a p1?

am also in the watford area, so will probably try glynn hopkins watford and nissan mill hill. just wondered how do i go about haggling with the dealers to lower the price? and also what price should i be looking for on a p1?

i'm also due a service at the beginning of may. this will be the third service, a year after the second as it hasnt cover 9k miles in the year. am i right in saying that i need a p1?

am also in the watford area, so will probably try glynn hopkins watford and nissan mill hill. just wondered how do i go about haggling with the dealers to lower the price? and also what price should i be looking for on a p1?

I just told them i had done some research on 350z forum and saw people had paid lots less, and that I knew a private non main dealer that could do the service alot cheaper, but I wanted to keep FNSH. They went away and come back with better prices, plus I lied to one and made up a quote from another garage. I'm no haggler, i'm normally crap at getting the price I want, but its over the phone, they can only say no!