Please Help!!!

mattstoke

Hi All :bangin:

I'm really hoping that one of you out there will be able to help me! Im desperate!!

I have a very loud clunking and heavy vibration coming from my drivers side front wheel area. It sounds like that its coming from the lower engine/wheel area and occurs when going at low speed over bumps in the road.

It has got gradually worse over a period of 3-4 weeks and now happens all of the time, but strangly it doesnt happen at high speed/motorway driving and the noise stops when braking (but still going over bumps!)

I have taken it to my local Dealership who have spent hours trying to locate the problem on 2 seperate occassions and have also used diagnostic equipment (microphone/speakers/computer) to try and listen and locate the problem (apparently they only usually use this sort of thing for rattling body panels!)

Nissan GB customer service dont want to know as the car is a 55 plate but has done 85k as its my day to day car i use for work.

Has anyone out there had anything similar happen to there Z or have any idea what it is? the dealer Holdcrofts in Stoke on trent have ruled out anything to do with the suspension, wheel bearings or braking...but if a Nissan dealer doesnt know what it is, Nissan GB dont give a t+ss, what chance have i got in getting it sorted!

Please Help!

Thanks

Mattstoke

Thanks Martinmac!!

That sounds exactly the same!!!

Thanks for the reply! Straight down to the dealers tomorrow with info in hand! Hopefully it wont cost me much, looking at the post!

I was convinced my car was knackered and was using it as an excuse to put a deposit down in a 370!

Think i'll go and do the intro's Marzman, seeing as the site has been so helpful already!!

Matt

The problems that technicians have is that when checking suspension components on the Zed they do not tend to grasp that all 4 wheels have to be on the deck and not jacked up.

As regards to ARB links, they have to be in a neutral position (no load) to check properly.

Most garages now have post free ramps. The Zed suspension must be checked on a flat bed. :thumbs: