geez...this girls thirsty

waynehardy

Picked up the Zed on Tuesday and have been loving her ever since and whilst i was under no illusion that the 3.5 litre beast was a drinker i wasnt sure id be needing to call alcholics anonymous so soon lol.....might have to dig out the yellow pages..

After having a 2 litre MX-5 for the past 2 years i now have to re-think my driving manner if i am going to cut those fuel bills down.....

bloody ace car...everyone loves her

ps how do i upload images onto this forum?

Thankfully the transition wasn't too bad for me after owning a petrol thirsty FTO! Both cars were the same, you have a heavy right foot and you'll definitely be left with a light wallet! :)

oh and as for pictures, if you have a facebook account you can upload them into an album on facebook, right click the image and go to "copy Image URL" and then "http://[Paste here]" from the URL button when you are posting a new topic or replying to a thread :)

Stop moaning.

You should try running an EVO.

Or a 3.0ltr petrol 4x4.

Then you'll understand thirst :teeth:

+1 - my Zed drinks no more than my old Leon FR (1.8T). I count myself lucky I dont have an Evo, drinks more and has a tank half the size! :lol:

You just need to recalibrate how you drive. No more will you have to rag the nutts off it to get somewhere, its quite happy to be driven at low revs when you are doing your day to day mundane driving. Should save enough for the fun bits. Also keeping momentum is key, stop start driving is what will kill MPG in the Zed. Keep it moving and carry the momentum and you'll be supprised ;)

:D last week I did 158 miles round trip on a quarter tank of Petrol, is that any good?

Jerry :)

that is pretty good. also keeping your top speed below 70MPH help. there is a significant increase in fuel consumption over that speed ( which I'm sure you only do on your private road) ;)