Hayward & Scott Exhaust

rtbiscuit

i have been in contact with hayward and scott after browsing there website i saw an exhaust i liked on one of there other cars; it was a jag V8 but the exhaust looked great and it was a true dual.

jagexhaust1.jpg

jagexhaust2.jpg

they quoted me £650 fitted ex vat for a true dual system going from the cat's back. i also checked out the price for just a standard backbox with twin exit and oval inward rolled tips and that was £350 fitted ex vat.

the downside is i'll have to leave the car with them for 4 days as they have no patterns for either system for the 350Z.

the question is do you think the true dual is going to be insanly loud

and which one do you think would sound better? iknow its a slightly odd question as they haven't been made. but people must have an idea of the difference a true dual makes over a custom back box.

what do people think of the look of it?

If they do need to keep your car for R&D purposes, then you should ask for a discount because you are helping them out.

Never hurts to be a little cheeky.

Thats not cheeky at all. They cant charge you retail prices for an exhaust when they are using you as a template. I would expect money off for that, especially as you are on one of the biggest (if not biggest now) owners forums for the car which can get them a lot of business or lose them a lot depending on the outcome :thumbs:

I take it they have a decent reputation?

Very. Basically, if you want a custom exhaust made to the highest standard and to your specs and you live down this way, then you go to H&S. I would imagine that £650+VAT fitted is the discount price for being the first one, as that's silly cheap for a true dual exhaust to Rich's spec.

True dual will give a slightly different tone to a standard system Rich, but noise depends on what size silencers they use. If they propose on doing it the way that Jag has been done, then you can expect it to be roughly as loud as my K1 I would imagine. Best thing to do is to ask them and get a rough dB guide from them. After all, this can't be the first time they've ever built a true dual exhaust for a V6.

cheers guys,

i really liked there sytem on my last car, so i think i might keep the loyalty. i would get a K1 but i don't like the rear cans, not a fan of slash cut jap style exhausts. prefer a bit of jag esque refinement. :blush:

cheers guys,

i really liked there sytem on my last car, so i think i might keep the loyalty. i would get a K1 but i don't like the rear cans, not a fan of slash cut jap style exhausts. prefer a bit of jag esque refinement. :blush:

Your only saying that because I got one :boxing:

And you don't want us both to have the same...

cheers guys,

Your only saying that because I got one :boxing:

And you don't want us both to have the same...

i like the noise of the K1, but i had an image of what i was looking for and H&S will hopefully fulfill that. :boxing:

I'm gonna drive up and down your street till you get one...

you need to come and visit and take me out so i can here your exhaust in the cabin. you might be able to persuade me yet.

just out of interest, do you think if i got the K1 that H&S would be able to change the tips for me to inward rolled ones?

I suppose you could ask them if they could cut off the existing tips and weld new ones on, but you have got to consider that they may frown upon this, as they possibly rather have you purchase a whole exhaust off them.

But as the saying goes

"You don't ask, you don't get"