Catch tanks finally arrived!!!! pics on pg3 !!!

shire350Z

Been looking through so many and asking so many people there advise (thanks guys) and price and still cant decide!!! So found a local fabricator who will built me one!!

I know its only a small 'thing' but strugling now on other ideas off things to do in my engine bay so having the catch can and all the hoses visable in the engine bay braided!!

Just cant decided wether to go for a cylindrical one sitting next to the heatshield like 'ians' cusco one or wether to go for something very different and have a cylindrical one mounted on front of the carbon fibre engine cover running the full lenght of it (which will make quite an impression) just ideas at the moment!!!

Also the fabricator thought it would need a breather outlet on it but most iv seen havent got one does this mean it woudl be fine without one??!!

So people's advice and pictures off theres would be good :teeth:

It would be possible for me to get other people catch cans, coolant tanks, power steering tanks, washer tanks made up to there spec to pm if anyones interested :thumbs:

Alright mate, I have mine in front of the engine cover in the same place the ARC can fits. Ill post some pics up when i get chance to take some.

You should have bought the arc can, your just not baller enough :p

BTW no pics of the diffuser yet?

Alright mate, I have mine in front of the engine cover in the same place the ARC can fits. Ill post some pics up when i get chance to take some.

Bloody expensive though the ARC one!!!!

Iv seen a pic of teh rear diffuser ;)

Bloody expensive though the ARC one!!!!

Iv seen a pic of teh rear diffuser ;)

Yeah but the arc is jdm y0 B)

I've seen a pic of the diffuser aswell but I think Tim needs to get some proper pics up ;)

What kind of turn around can your guy make one in James?

I'm on the look out for one, but there doesn't seem to be any decent ones available - in a short time frame...

We have commissioned some envy ones too as most of these are ridiculously expensive

Any pictures and prices off them chilli!!!!

not sure craig at the moment think he's quite busy as building alot for tracks cars right now!!!

does any know where the extra hose from the ARC ones feeds? also ians hoses seem to go under the back of the engine cover but cant see where the ARC and marks feeds or is this just me?!

one other thing iv seen some with breathers on the top and others with out !!! So are these not necessary as you only tapping into a hose that doesnt have one as standard ?! :thumbs:

No Pictures yet, but they are going to be really nice and at a sensible price too. Will take a while but going

to be worth the wait.

Looking to take the plunge too and get one of these, look forward to seeing the pics, what sort of design are you going for, anything similar to other make designs ?

thinking about having one simliar to the ARC one or a full cylindrical one on its side, mounted on the engine bay cover just cant decide!!!!

also trying to find out why the ARC one has three feeds and all the others have two!

going to have to make a template to see what size i can fit in there as its quite tight!

thinking about having one simliar to the ARC one or a full cylindrical one on its side, mounted on the engine bay cover just cant decide!!!!

also trying to find out why the ARC one has three feeds and all the others have two!

going to have to make a template to see what size i can fit in there as its quite tight!

Let me know bud about price and that and ill be intrested in one, if price is right, might be better if you had more of an order as such, just an idea ?, also pics e.t.c ?

Anyone knwo where the 3rd pipe feeds?!

have you got the picture of yours tim?!

Probably from the intake pipework I think it comes from the right hand crankcase. Somebody with more technical knowledge may be able to confirm or deny though.

No need for a crankcase breather as most people with 350Z's keep a closed loop, not sure what effects this engine has on venting it too atmosphere. (I did this on the Subaru)

Anyone knwo where the 3rd pipe feeds?!

have you got the picture of yours tim?!

Probably from the intake pipework I think it comes from the right hand crankcase. Somebody with more technical knowledge may be able to confirm or deny though.

No need for a crankcase breather as most people with 350Z's keep a closed loop, not sure what effects this engine has on venting it too atmosphere. (I did this on the Subaru)

tru mate suppose you could as many feeds in as you wanted!!! no i dont think its needs a breather filter as it breathes through the air filter !!! (i think)

• 2 months later...
well after trying to decide for god knows how long iv decided to go for the one i originally wanted!!!! just gotta wait a few weeks for it to arrive which will give me time to decide on which hose and connectors to go for :teeth:

Look forward to seeing the end result James. Sure it will look B) like everything else you have done.

well after trying to decide for god knows how long iv decided to go for the one i originally wanted!!!! just gotta wait a few weeks for it to arrive which will give me time to decide on which hose and connectors to go for :teeth:

Hope you get the right sizes james!