Envy Valeting vs Porsche 996 C4S...25hrs worth dammit!

Envy Valeting

Yup you read it right! Paint correction detail on a C4S.

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

DSC02116.jpg

DSC02117.jpg

DSC02118.jpg

DSC02120.jpg

Interesting arm rest, fitted by previous owner. Destined for the bin as part of the clean up!

DSC02122.jpg

Door shuts cleaned with APC, in this case G202

DSC02123.jpg

Wheels cleaned with Espuma Revolution, followed by a TFR mix

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02125.jpg

Rinsed and washed with Astro shampoo via TBM etc. Dried to look like this.

DSC02126.jpg

So why are we doing the correction?

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02131.jpg

Due to the amount of tar present I used Tardis

DSC02133.jpg

The car was then clayed. Due to the condition of the paint I used Dodo Juice Purposeful Purple and this stage took 3 hrs:doublesho

Took some measurements, lowest

DSC02134.jpg

This paved the way to break out the Metabo and start polishing.

Good early indications, rough 50/50 using the wing/bonnet as the line

DSC02137.jpg

DSC02138.jpg

DSC02139.jpg

End of day 1

DSC02140.jpg

Day 2 saw a full day of machine polishing which was best described as a nightmare. Sticky paint, rock hard paint, ok paint. I had it all. Used every polish and pad I possessed (and I've got a few!) and every panel was different and typically required no less than 5 hits. Hit with an aggressive pad and polish, then refined at a later stage.

DSC02144.jpg

End of day 2

DSC02145.jpg

Day 3 saw me refine the bonnet with Swissvax CF pro and a 3M blue pad and then start the clean up, and boy was there a lot to clean up:buffer:

De dusted from the top down using brushes, compressed air and a lot of elbow grease.

Once this was done the paint was cleansed with Dodo Juice Lime prime, the PC and a medium pad from the purveyor of Rubbish:)

Wax today was Swissvax Crystal Rock and I applied 2 coats at 2hr intervals, and left to cure for 1 hr each time.

Whilst the wax cured I set about buffing tail pipes, cleaning glass, dressing tyres with AS Highstyle etc etc.

DSC02146.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

Arm rest sorted:)

DSC02156.jpg

Interior hoovered, leather cleansed and conditioned. Dash and plastics cleansed etc, glass...

DSC02157.jpg

One last one

DSC02158.jpg

The correction did not go to plan at all, and I'm grateful to the owner for the extra day allowed :blush:

Total time 25hrs, 18 of which with the Metabo in my hands.

Thanks for looking

Tim

^A little story for you :p

Last year I did a white ED30 Golf with the customers own supplied Jeffs kit, a month later he called me back and I did it with Dodo Diamond white!

This year I've just been to give it its 1st birthday present and used Dodo Supernatural http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=107915

He gave me his Jeffs kit to sell for him, nuff said :yahoo:

I have used both and for me I get better results on white with wax

interesting............ i mean.. i respect your work as ive seen it loads and your saying this... but polished bliss... obviously another big comp said this

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/5 ... -grey.html

conflicting views..........

hehehhe

-ho

Thats where he bought it from, I know what the guide will say without even reading it. The plug the Jeffs for all white and silver cars ;) I'm on Scoobynet as Tim Bomford since 1999 LOL! Still had 5 scoobs so you could say I have an interest :lol:

Nice work. You hands must feel like they are still vibrating from the polisher. Sounds like you had a right bag of trouble with that paint!

I cant comment on the stuff polished bliss do, but DD SN looks absoutely amazing on my GM Zed. I know I bang on about it all the time, but the difference to P21S was outstanding as it makes the flecks pop (never really saw pop with P21S, or what I thought was pop, really wasnt!). Really need to try it to see the difference B)