Small Header Tanks

Martin W

Having struggled with Tony (Chilli red) today to get rid of an airlock

after having Samco hoses fitted, I want to design some sort of replacement Coolant reservoir option

( i don't have one in my modded car)

Anyone recommend a web-site where I might be able to find a

choice of mini tanks (I'll need one with a lid which is capable of

holding more pressure than Rad caps)

I'll need to get it mounted it on the bulkhead to the rear

of the Plenum, so will need to be small, about the size of

the brake fluid reservoir.

Anyone know where i might find a choice of such bits? :thumbs:

Dont really understand the logic of this one Martin? Please explain..

I think because of his TT setup, they removed the coolant resevoir, making it in effect a closed system. This makes it very hard (from what little knowledge I have of watercooling PCs) to get the airlock out as the air keeps moving around and you cant "catch" it as the stock coolant tank would. So having this expansion tank, will be the high point of the system and help catch any air in there :thumbs: Dont know how applicaple that is to this application, but I guess it should work.

Dont really understand the logic of this one Martin? Please explain..

I think because of his TT setup, they removed the coolant resevoir, making it in effect a closed system. This makes it very hard (from what little knowledge I have of watercooling PCs) to get the airlock out as the air keeps moving around and you cant "catch" it as the stock coolant tank would. So having this expansion tank, will be the high point of the system and help catch any air in there :thumbs: Dont know how applicaple that is to this application, but I guess it should work.

Blimey, that put it well!!

:thumbs: and a damn site faster than me

But it wasn't catching the air that was the issue, it sbeing able

to top up (slowly, less than a quart per minute - preventing an airlock) from the high point without having to unscrew

2 pieces of hose with hot fluid in as you go through the standard 350z

coolant filling routine.

:lol: I was n Leicester recently and was talking to CS about things we maybe struggling to source at the moment. These came up and he could possibly source them. As ever it would be down to price and quantitiy. I am sure he will let us know how it gets on.

I am doing no more nods at the moment. :)

ZMANALEX might be the man to speak too. :D

I am replumbing mine yet again so my old header will be available shortly but it is heavily modified to a bespoke application.

They are very easy to fabricate to your own specification but you have got to run it with an open overflow / expansion reservoir to allow the vacuum to operate properly.

Cheers,

Alex.

DSCF0893.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

ZMANALEX might be the man to speak too. :D

I am replumbing mine yet again so my old header will be available shortly but it is heavily modified to a bespoke application.

They are very easy to fabricate to your own specification but you have got to run it with an open overflow / expansion reservoir to allow the vacuum to operate properly.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks for the input Alex. I had what I tought was a better idea ??

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

• 11 months later...