Fitted the K1 Exhaust Yesterday.... oh yes!!

marzman

Hey guys,

I picked up the K1 Andyvvc was selling on Thursday night, and had it fitted yesterday for £30.

I wanted it loud, so i fitted it without the bungs, and then went for a drive... i was like 'on dear, what have i done?' It sounded ridiculous! :scare:

It was shaking everything in my car and was basically un-driveable...!

So, i fitted the bungs in the afternoon and all i can say now is - wow!

It sounds like a 1960's mustang... its awesome!

Its loudest at 2k revs, very very deep, but then when going fast it gets quieter which i like, and it sounds absolutely ace!

So, many thanks Andyvvc... will hopefully see you in Wales in May.. oh, and his new exhaust looks and sounds B)

Some pics...

000_0013.jpg

000_0015.jpg

000_0016.jpg

000_0017.jpg

Bunch of wimps, real men don't need no stinkin' bungs ;) ;) ;)

You do track days dont you Dan... do you know what db level the K1 + JWT gives...?

Im going to book another drift day soon and dont want to pay and then get there and not be allowed on! :angry:

With bungs it was measured at 87dB IIRC, and without it was touching 103dB I think. Those numbers may be within plus or minus 1 either way, I just remember that it was silly quiet with the bungs in but just below the 105dB max with them out. Those measurements were taken at 0.5m at 45 degrees from the RH outlet.

You'll fail the drive-by at Bedford with bungs in should you ever want to go there though, and Goodwood's a definite no-no, but you should be fine for everywhere else.

With bungs it was measured at 87dB IIRC, and without it was touching 103dB I think. Those numbers may be within plus or minus 1 either way, I just remember that it was silly quiet with the bungs in but just below the 105dB max with them out. Those measurements were taken at 0.5m at 45 degrees from the RH outlet.

You'll fail the drive-by at Bedford with bungs in should you ever want to go there though, and Goodwood's a definite no-no, but you should be fine for everywhere else.

Brilliant - cheers Dan.

What revs was that taken at? Tim (Lomoto) had 102dB out of a Nismo with HF cats @ 5000RPM. 87dB sounds low, even with bungs. Must be doing their job!

Sorry, should've said that was at 3/4 max revs, so about 4.5K rpm on mine. I thought it was a bit quiet as well, but I've done my own tests with two different track-day spec noise meters and they all came out the same. It really is surprising how much noise the bungs do remove from the exhaust, but if you consider that every 3dB is a doubling in volume, then without bungs the K1 is over 5 times louder :scare:

Glad you like it mate :) As i said, if the bungs arent quiet enough at motorway/everyday speeds, then you can always put some sound deadening into the boot cavity. The Zed has bob-all sound deadening as standard. I found a little Dynamat and some carpet muffles road noise wonderfully.

My new system is bedding in nicely now, coking up a little inside so the slightly mettalic rasp has been replaced by a more aggressive V6 growl/bellow (depending on revs of course) :)