A big thank you

neil2185

Hello everyone

Finally sold my zed for a price I was happy with, just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for all the help and advice this really is the best forum I have ever used!

As for my new car, we have worked out a car share with 2 other people taking it in turn to drive a week each which saves loads on fuel so could still get something a bit fun so went for.......Astra VXR

I know this may not be the most popular option but it was a barain and nuts to drive, it really is mad, which I love about it and such a hoot to throw around.

Anyway a big thank you again

Neil

Congratulations on the sale Neil. Sounds like you wont be short of a bit of fun when the mood takes you too.

Are we expecting the new owner to pop up on here.

I did tell them about the forum but he didnt sound too interested but maybe if he gets stuck with something

Glad you got everything sorted.

Just be sure to make the right choice in tyres on the VXR. Torque steer city with some!

I have to say I just put a set of Kunho on the car and I am really impressed, the conti's were wearing down so thought I would put fresh on, the are really good, but then I found that on my zed. Much less T-stear with them and less than £200 for the lot!

Pity to see the Z go but at least you got a decent amount for it. The VXR is quite good fun and a little more practical.

Give me a flash if you see my GM (with the slightly illegal M 300 TYS plates) around Witney.

I may have seen you bud, I have started noticing a GM coupe with an import plate around town which I havent seen before, going down oxford hill today.....

Pity to see the Z go but at least you got a decent amount for it. The VXR is quite good fun and a little more practical.

Give me a flash if you see my GM (with the slightly illegal M 300 TYS plates) around Witney.

I may have seen you bud, I have started noticing a GM coupe with an import plate around town which I havent seen before, going down oxford hill today.....

Not me mate. Standard plates on mine however the spacing and font could interest the local constabulary.

Got a friend coming down from oop north this weekend and promised him a blast so you may see me around.

Not me mate. Standard plates on mine however the spacing and font could interest the local constabulary.

Got a friend coming down from oop north this weekend and promised him a blast so you may see me around.

Cool you live in witney then? what year is your reg so I know if I see ya, I am in a 57 vxr in that bright blue colour

Mmmmmmm vxr blue. i always wanted an astra vxr, only thing that stopped me was it looked exactly the same on the inside as my astra sxi did and i was wanting something different. who knows, maybe after the Z i'll get one.

Mmmmmmm vxr blue. i always wanted an astra vxr, only thing that stopped me was it looked exactly the same on the inside as my astra sxi did and i was wanting something different. who knows, maybe after the Z i'll get one.

The newer models get a polished black trim and I have the option of big leather recaros, plus a fatter steering wheel gear knob etc and some vxr badges.

The 57 plate onwards interiors def look a lot different to an sxi but I know what you mean on the older models

seee now why did you say that. all im going to do now is look and them. you better hope for your sake it looks horrid inside!! :lol: i kept my last car for 6 months, i've only had this 1 month so im planning on keeping this longer ;)

seee now why did you say that. all im going to do now is look and them. you better hope for your sake it looks horrid inside!! :lol: i kept my last car for 6 months, i've only had this 1 month so im planning on keeping this longer ;)

Haha shame your not closer you could have taken mine for a spin

Hello everyone

Finally sold my zed for a price I was happy with, just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for all the help and advice this really is the best forum I have ever used!

As for my new car, we have worked out a car share with 2 other people taking it in turn to drive a week each which saves loads on fuel so could still get something a bit fun so went for.......Astra VXR

I know this may not be the most popular option but it was a barain and nuts to drive, it really is mad, which I love about it and such a hoot to throw around.

Neil

Nice one Neal. Good luck with everything. One big question - which is faster, the Astra VXR or the 350z??! I know you must feel it more in the vxr due to the turbo but be interesting how it compares. Also which version of 350z did you have - ie the 276bhp model etc?

Cheers

Matt

good for u my man.. i did the opposite.. came from an astra vxr (power red) the first and most important mod on that car is to get the milltek (with un resonated down pipe/remus/wortec exhaust on it... completely different car after that....then get either bluefin or remap from tms...50 bhp and 30 lbs/ft for 1600 approx pending on which exhaust u get... gotta be done...

i had the paino black interior and truth be told yes it was nicer than the silver crap but... finger print heaven.......

but have fun with it... and pres and hold sport button

:thumbs:

-ho

Hello everyone

Neil

Nice one Neal. Good luck with everything. One big question - which is faster, the Astra VXR or the 350z??! I know you must feel it more in the vxr due to the turbo but be interesting how it compares. Also which version of 350z did you have - ie the 276bhp model etc?

Cheers

Matt

tbh in a straight line.... it would be close...i think the astra would win tbh...the power to weight ratio is rather similar... infact the early 276 models im guessing has less....

astra 240 bhp - 1300kg.. direct to front wheels

350Z 276 bhp - 1500hg..transfered to rear wheels via prop shaft...

around the twisties the astra gets licked but... how many of us race through a-b roads anymore...

• 2 weeks later...