ROTA WHEELS..OK FOR Z?

jerry3167

:) Guys,

What do you think of ROTA wheels on a Z? Are they of sufficient good quality to set a Z off? I had ROTA TORQUES on my Type-R, which IMO was the best looking wheel for the Civic.

But, do you think the Z needs an expensive wheel to keep in line with its place in the sportscar image?

For example, it looks like the NISMO LMGT4s are the wheels to have, and granted they look stunning, and once you`ve seen them on a Z, pretty much nothing else will do! Or is it really down to individual taste?

Opinions please!!?

Jerry :)

To be honest I'm not sure what the fitments are. Not even sure if they are commercially available yet.

Rotas look great and handling should be fine. I wouldn't imagine there would be much difference to be honest.

the rota's do look good but they have a weird dish on them in my opinion, the fronts don't look right and they dont look anything like the nismo's in 19's.

I think the rota's look good in 18's and then lower the car abit more, theres a few people with that set up on here so i'm sure they will post pics B)

:) SO to clear things up, what is the CORRECT OFFSET if going for 19s?

Jerry

Something around +20 to 25 but it is style and width dependent.

Rotas are fine IMHO, cheap and light. Rarerims are the UK distributors and should be able to tell you the availability of the 19" ones. They will come in Zed suitable fitments as they were allegedly produced as a result of pressure from the US Zed community.

Rotas are fine for the Zed (I would be bias though). There are plenty of people around who bang on about them not being forged (they're cast) and heavy, but tbh its bollox. When I got mine I used the good old arm scales to weight my rear Rays and front Rota (same size almost) and the weight difference was negligable. As Digsy says, they are cheap, strong and light enough :thumbs:

PS You dont want to know the price of the LMGT4's these days :scare::headhurt:

god I'm shocked at that! are those pics for real? I guess it depends on what you're doing as well though (unless you hit a pot hole......) I remember the one's on the ESR zed and they looked great - there is a pic somewhere on here.

Without knowing the stories behind the pictures they are fairly meaningless. Slam any wheel into a kerb at speed and it will break.

Exactly. Rotas tend to get bought because they are cheap and strong and as such get abused. Also, if they've had the wheels powder coated, that can weaken them and cause them to fail. You just dont know what they've done to them. I'm sure there are instances where they've failed, but its not as bad as you make out. Drifters use them a lot as they are cheap and strong.

Think with enough searching you'd find plenty of pics of all makes doing that after serious abuse.

Wheel snobbery is hilariously silly. You pays your money and you makes your choice!

I'm damned sure having the lightest most amazing forged wheels will make a HUGE difference on your commute in stop start traffic going to the office! :yawn:

i've heard the same horror stories about powdercoating wheels but i asked the people that did mine and they say they have never had a set of wheels come back to them for cracking (they have done over 10,000 sets, wouldn't worry about those pics mate, the rotas are just fine