New Exhaust

boomer816

Hey guys havent been on for a bit. Anyway as much fun as the Z has been today i found out that i need a new back box. Nissan have quoted around £500 fitted. Anyone got any ideas or recommendations for something other than standard. i have to be honest i dont really wanna spend much more although i would be tempted for something special. I do like the look of the original one but a slight more noise would be nice. The NISMO one would have been ideal but with the current exchange rates i dont really wanna think about that. Not really a fan of the K1 motorbike style cans but each to their own. Any traders feel free to post or PM me as its something i want to get sorted with the next 2 weeks.

cheers guys :thumbs:

you sure it's not just cracked round the flange that joins the rest of the exhaust system, mine was, nissan said £500+ for new back box but i got it welded and silicon sealed for £20 :)

If it can't be repaired or you fancy something sportier then the Scorpion is a retty good option. It's reasonably priced, sounds good and I believe is decent quality. Gives an extra growl without breaking the bank.

I always like to replace for upgraded / aftermarket parts as I don't like paying money for something OEM!

Thanks for the ideas guys. When i saw it yesterday it has completely broken away just by the bracket from the centre pipe to the backbox. Its quite corroded aswell so i think it would be a bit hard to patch up. I did see some of the cheap ones on ebay, there are stainless examples that look like replicas of the original exhaust, so was thinking if im gonna buy standard id get a stainless version instead. The scorpion has got me thinking, my only concern is that its quite alot cheaper than the aftermarket ones which makes me think why, i wouldnt have the quality was that low on it, but i havent seen or heard one apart from in the clips so hard to tell. The search continues!!!!!

Have no fear, the quality of the Scorpion is very good. I have a Scorpion on my bike and its top notch. The reason it is cheaper here is that you are getting it direct from our traders (who normally give discount, which could explain it), and arent trying to make a quick buck, so no massive markup like eBay, and no cheap imitations either. Traders here have to offer good deals and products as their reputation is everything. We wouldnt recommend them otherwise. You wont be disapointed :thumbs:

Ive think ive decided on the Scorpion, the only fear now is that its gonna be too load. I listened the the vid clips that ive seen online, and it does sound LOUD. I know that post of it was a while ago, and im sure ive read that more of you have had the scorpion fitted since. Anyone else got any thoughts on the sound levels of the scorpion? I do like the look of it so thats a + at the moment, jut not sure about the sound of it.

If anything most poeple moan its too quiet when they get it. Having been at a meet with an OEM, Nismo, Scorpion and 5Zigen, the OEM and Scorpion are quite similar. Given the Nismo isnt massively louder than stock, I would put the 3 in pretty much the same category, with the Scorpion and Nismo being quite simlar in terms of loudness.

So has anyone got any pics of the Scorpion then? I agree with the K1 comment, sound good, look just awful, something I would expect to see to a rusty old celica!!

But that's just my opinion, different strokes for different folks (I like most strokes).

Is it just a cat back? A quality non-boy racer sound is also important to me, don't want to spoil the car by making it sound naff, want it to make me wanna :dance:

Ive think ive decided on the Scorpion, the only fear now is that its gonna be too load. I listened the the vid clips that ive seen online, and it does sound LOUD. I know that post of it was a while ago, and im sure ive read that more of you have had the scorpion fitted since. Anyone else got any thoughts on the sound levels of the scorpion? I do like the look of it so thats a + at the moment, jut not sure about the sound of it.

anything will be loud compared to stock ;)

The scorpion exhaust is very good quality, and might be my next choice of exhaust if my Fujitsubo system ever fails. Don't be put off by the price, Scorpion sell exhausts at realistic prices, not like nissan and a lot of other aftermarket manufacturers that put a ridiculous mark up on their systems, because of the type of car they are fitted too!!!

Bit of an update to this. After a bit of research on the exhaust, ive decided to put the new one off for a bit, will have a look round the shows n stuff in the summer and see what takes my eye and ears for that matter. i went tpoerflow and they managed to repair it. In doing so they basically cut the flange between the rear box and the centre pipe out and then joined them together. Overall they did a good job, done it in about 30 mins £40 so cant really complain.. I will agree with others it does seem quiet now so it must have been blowing for a while. On a side note i have also brought a set of CS spacers so should be putting them on at the weekend :D