Celica owner - Zed newbie

ahhh its been a while since iv written a newbie post.

Well, my first post was accidentally here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20409

as im used to posting randomly on the celica-club.co.uk website lol

Anyway, I currently drive a 140 celica, iv had her for 2.5 years and now im looking for some more power and good looks, hence, the 350. Im looking to buy around June/July time. Iv been lurking around here for a bit gathering some info as i don't like being new lol However, my main concerns coming from the celica to the 350z are the (increase) running costs, mainly servicing, MPG, Tyres.

Front tyres on the celica are £90-£100 per tyre and I spend around £20-£30 a week driving 200-250 miles ~ a few redline sprints in there :)

here's my car ~ everyone likes pics yea?

image125.jpg[/img][/url]

Front tyres on the celica are £90-£100 per tyre and I spend around £20-£30 a week driving 200-250 miles ~ a few redline sprints in there :)

here's my car ~ everyone likes pics yea?

image125.jpg[/img][/url]

Hi and Welcome

I had a 140 VVTI as well, nice motor, but you won't regret the extra cost, take my word for it. Rear tyres will cost you more on the Z, You can put new rubber on the Z for between £370 (Falken) to £1000

MPG will vary but accept your consumption will double. I went from 38 to 22 mpg for my 20 mile each way commute.

Sevicing! - find a good indie. :thumbs:

Hi and welcome to the forum :D The costs are not as scary if you eliminate Dealer prices.

Think you said you were from South Wales, feel free to have a drive up to Chester on Sat 21st March. There are a few of us meeting up for a chat and some lunch. Just a chance to get out and about after winter.

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

Hopefully i'll be able to make a few meets, unfortunately i won't be able to make the Chester meet, my weekends aren't free at present. I'll keep an eye out for something a little more local so i can just tag along :p

I haven't even sat in a 350 yet, but then again, i also bought the first Celica i saw. I always buy with the heart and not the head :lol:

Hopefully i'll be able to make a few meets, unfortunately i won't be able to make the Chester meet, my weekends aren't free at present.

Thats a shame as the Wales meet is the "orgy" of all zed meets. B)

I haven't even sat in a 350 yet, but then again, i also bought the first Celica i saw. I always buy with the heart and not the head :lol:

Welcome to the forum Muse. :teeth::D

When you find one you like the look of post up a link, or you can see who's nearby to go for a look and check it over with you. At least by June/July the weather will be pretty good and you can enjoy driving.

Hopefully i'll be able to make a few meets, unfortunately i won't be able to make the Chester meet, my weekends aren't free at present.

Thats a shame as the Wales meet is the "orgy" of all zed meets. B)

Kind of scared now that the orgy contains mostly men!!! i feel sorry for nixy :lol::lol: