annoying little scratches on paintwork

hotrain69

hello guys, just wanted to see if it's just me, but recently got my zed and have been so protective of it ever since. but on inspection today, found an annoying little scratch on the front left just above the wheel arch. it's about an inch long. it's not deep though. but it's there and it's really annoying me. so does many others have these litle scratches, i have no idea how to stop them, its not like i can help it.

also, is it worth getting someone to look at it? or should i wait till i get more and do it all in one go?

thanks in advance guys.

this is annoying me so much.

Ian

Does your finger nail catch in it?

To be honest the best thing to try (that is easily available) would be Autoglym Super Resin Polish as it has fillers in it.

Worth a go!

i'll go get some of that stuff. hope it works.

i had a quite run over it with my fingers and i felt it ever so slightly so that's why i thought it wasnt too deep. just that there's a white scratch mark that i can notice now. will the polish be able to sort it out?

Run your finger nail oner it. If it catches then it's deep!

SRP is worth a try. It's not expensive and will give you a good chance of improving it.

i'll definitely give it a try, will need to get the products first. where is the best place to buy at the moment. will prob get some polish cloths and a drying towell as well. anyone used i4detailing? are they the best place?

i4 is excellent. Matt will look after you.

Ask his advice. I just suggested something widely available and inexpensive.

If you are ordering from i4 they might have something better.

Hope you like bubblegum! ;):teeth:

i had a long scratch along my rear wheel arch, found it at the weekend when cleaning, i used meguairs polish and then wax. and its now nion invisible. i might get some scratch x for next time to finish the job off.

because the paint is water based it is quite soft and fairly easy to remould if you like and hide scratches if you use the right products

i had a long scratch along my rear wheel arch, found it at the weekend when cleaning, i used meguairs polish and then wax. and its now nion invisible. i might get some scratch x for next time to finish the job off.

because the paint is water based it is quite soft and fairly easy to remould if you like and hide scratches if you use the right products

that's good news mate. i'll have to get myself sorted on it as well. those scratches however small really annoy me. how does the meguairs stuff compair with the autoglym super resin stuff? would that be enough, and what wax do you use?

cheers mate

that's good news mate. i'll have to get myself sorted on it as well. those scratches however small really annoy me. how does the meguairs stuff compair with the autoglym super resin stuff? would that be enough, and what wax do you use?

cheers mate

never tried autoglym stuff, i here its very good, i'm just a bit of a meguairs junkie. if i have any cleaning products its theirs, but thats personal preference. i think they are what you refer to as a good midrange product, there better than alot of stuff, but there is better stuff out there (i think) i'm not majorly into detailing but their stuff suits me right down to the ground.

i usually wash the car in there nxt shampoo, as it cleans the crap off, but leaves the previous wax on. i then use their claybar kit if it needs it (Probably once every 6 months) then use there polish and then carnuba wax. its all part of there 3 stage clean. i also use there tyre gel as well, which works well on the tyre walls.

the scratch x would be used i think before the claybar and polish.

i like there stuff it makes my car feel as smooth as glass, and a very good shine. but i do end up spending about 5 hours cleaning the car. (good exercise)

some others more proffesssional detailers would probably give you good feed back especially as they have tried a variety of products and could tell you whats best

cheers mate

never tried autoglym stuff, i here its very good, i'm just a bit of a meguairs junkie. if i have any cleaning products its theirs, but thats personal preference. i think they are what you refer to as a good midrange product, there better than alot of stuff, but there is better stuff out there (i think) i'm not majorly into detailing but their stuff suits me right down to the ground.

i usually wash the car in there nxt shampoo, as it cleans the crap off, but leaves the previous wax on. i then use their claybar kit if it needs it (Probably once every 6 months) then use there polish and then carnuba wax. its all part of there 3 stage clean. i also use there tyre gel as well, which works well on the tyre walls.

the scratch x would be used i think before the claybar and polish.

i like there stuff it makes my car feel as smooth as glass, and a very good shine. but i do end up spending about 5 hours cleaning the car. (good exercise)

some others more proffesssional detailers would probably give you good feed back especially as they have tried a variety of products and could tell you whats best

Sums up the Meguiars stuff perfectly. Good stuff at a good price.

All my meguiars products now are from the 'detailing' range for pros. Basically you buy gallon tubs but works out very reasonable per treatment. I think cheaper than the gold class or NXT range etc.

To be honest one of the best products for filling swirls is bilt hamber autobalm. It will last ages on the car (and the tub goes on forever) It is a swirl filler and wax all in one. Great product and very inexpensive.

i use the nxt car wash

and there deep crystal polish

and deep crystal carnuba wax, its the last 2 steps of their 3 step product, but i can't be arsed with step 1 which is the paint cleaner, i'll clay the car if its that bad. :lol:

i also have some of there nxt speed detailer for on the rn jobs, i'd probably wash the car if i was going to a show and take the speed detailer to touch up at the other end.

i do have their hot rims all wheel cleaner but don't use it on this car as it is a little acidic and don't want to ruin the rays as they are a little delicate.

but i have just tried out there Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel, which i have been very impressed with

i think i even have their alloy wheel cleaning brush.

gee's i nearly have their whole range. :blush:

I got some scratch X and think it is a waste of time. All i use is Autoglym super resin polish(for years)and it works well on all sorts, even chrome exhaust tips ect.. why bother with chrome cleaner like autosol.

To many fancy products with high price tags stuck to them on the market forsale these days, that is the problem imo :D:D:D

My Zed had a number of doosey scratches Ian from being keyed etc, ahem, :rant: , anyway, with the process and the products I use hides most scratches/marks, even the deeper ones. I use the gentle Turbo Wax products.

Wash and clean the surface, cleaner wax, swirl remover, then wax, all can be found on (I think there is a UK dealer now too):

http://www.turbowax.com

• 2 months later...

I have a kuro black 350z and when it's washed and as sparkling as it can I notice a fair bit of swirling when looking up right close.

I have never polished any car I have ever owned but this is the first black car so it's more noticeable and annoying, last 3 cars have all been silver so just a good wash makes them sparkle.

What would people recommend I use to eliminate the swirls and bring it back to it's best. Don't care how much the polish, wax, clay etc costs.

If I can go buy the stuff from the likes of Halfords then all the better as I'm very impatient and hate it when I order things online then have to wait for it ;)

I have a kuro black 350z and when it's washed and as sparkling as it can I notice a fair bit of swirling when looking up right close.

I have never polished any car I have ever owned but this is the first black car so it's more noticeable and annoying, last 3 cars have all been silver so just a good wash makes them sparkle.

What would people recommend I use to eliminate the swirls and bring it back to it's best. Don't care how much the polish, wax, clay etc costs.

If I can go buy the stuff from the likes of Halfords then all the better as I'm very impatient and hate it when I order things online then have to wait for it ;)

You won't get the real good stuff in Halfords! ;)

Unless Autoglyms Super Resin Polish does the trick as it has fillers in it to mask swirls.

Poorboys Blackhole glaze could be a winner though! ;)