Another Tyres/Suspension thread

N1SM0350z

Yeah, bit odd wearing on the outside, usually its on the inside from my experience. Dodgy tracking most likely, or are you hooning around corners faster than you should? ;)

Thort it would be tracking. No i certainly am not, i dont see the fun in it ;)

:lol:

Cheers 4 the replys! :thumbs:

My tracking needs checking, too, but I am about to fit new tyres to the front. Should I wait until I get them fitted or will it make no difference to the measurements if I get it done with the old tyres on?

BUMP!

Anybody any advice on this for me?

My tracking needs checking, too, but I am about to fit new tyres to the front. Should I wait until I get them fitted or will it make no difference to the measurements if I get it done with the old tyres on?

BUMP!

Jim, get the tracking done after you’ve fitted your new tyres… :thumbs:

BUMP!

+1 :thumbs:

BUMP!

+1 :thumbs:

Thanks, both, that's what I thought - good to have it confirmed by experts! :thumbs:

Probably dodgy tracking.

Get it in for a four wheel alignment and all will be sorted.

The car will handle better too!

I had my four wheel alignment done today. They had to adjust front toe, rear toe and rear camber on boths sides, costing £80. The cars feels a little smoother when going along, not sure if this is mind over matter.

I will tell after a few more miles if it is handling a little better :thumbs:

How far out was it?

I have just lowered the car last week eibachs if this made a big difference or not. 18" alloys.

On the report before

Front

Camber Left -1.34

Right -1.41

Toe Left 1.6

Right 0.6

Rear

Camber Left -3.21

Right -3.06

Toe Left 1.6

Right 1.6

These figures did not mean that much to me but he adjusted everything within there tolenrence's apart from the rear camber which never had anymore adjustment which now reads

Camber

Left -2.40

Right -2.22

and said this should be fine and not cause any tyres problems on the insides but i can go for a camber/toe kit and get it spot on but i think this should be ok :wacko:

Got the tracking chekced and it was fine, the tyres are just worn so new ones for me soon :headhurt:, he sed the left is slightly more so than the right thats why the steering was leaning left slightly also didnt charge me to check it and saved me £30 that the garage would have charged anyway. I only took it because the garage said they wer wearing on the outside. :dry:

-3 degrees rear camber? That is an insane amount for this car, especially on street tires

you need a rear camber kit asap - especially if you're buying new tires soon.

That was the before report Adam. He adjusted them to the max and got 2.40 and 2.22 on the rear camber now. :D

-3 degrees rear camber? That is an insane amount for this car, especially on street tires

you need a rear camber kit asap - especially if you're buying new tires soon.

That was the before report Adam. He adjusted them to the max and got 2.40 and 2.22 on the rear camber now. :D

still too high and out of spec