Newbie needs advice on a GT I've been offered

Conrad

Hi guys, Newbie here!

Well I've always been a Toyota man; Celica GT4's, Supra Twin Turbo etc etc but decided a while back I wanted something newer so have been looking at the Zed.

I must admit I've been told the 350Z is a little under powered compared to the Supra, that said though it's stunning looks and V6 engine note more than makes up for that. I've pretty much decided that I have to have a UK GT model, I've never minded imports in the past but just feel the GT is money well better spent.

Anyways....

My brothers best mate has an immaculate '04 GT with 41k and FSH. It's gunmetal grey and has the orange leather with Rays 18" alloys. He originally offered it me for 10k but that's a touch out of my price range so he's agreed to offer it me for quite a bit less. Is this a good deal? Over Xmas there were plenty cheap GT's on the net but not so many now.

My issues with the car is the colour, it's a little common I feel!! I wanted either the burnt orange or blue and I do actually prefer the standard 18's as opposed to the Rays. On top of that I feel the orange leather only goes with the orange car....

Decisions decisions,

Apologies for such a long first post but any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi, I have a gunmetal and I love the colour, It not quite as common as the stock silver plus it looks cleaner for longer and given a good polish and wax will give a great shine. As said under 10k is an absolute bargain as long as you can afford to keep it topped up with v-power.

You will love z ownership.

R B):teeth:

:welcome: I would snap his hand off for that price :teeth: Plus you can easily swap the orange leather for my immaculate black leather interior ;)

Thanks for all the replys guys, appreciated.

Sunset, that would be just what I was after to be honest. I've always preferred black leather in any car, orange just doesn't work in a grey car IMO.

On a side note, are the 18" Rays worth anything 2nd hand? If I went for the car I'd have to change the wheels but only if I could offset the expense with the sale of the Rays...

My brothers best mate has an immaculate '04 GT with 41k and FSH. It's gunmetal grey and has the orange leather with Rays 18" alloys. He originally offered it me for 10k but that's a touch out of my price range so he's agreed to offer it me for quite a bit less. Is this a good deal? Over Xmas there were plenty cheap GT's on the net but not so many now.

My issues with the car is the colour, it's a little common I feel!! I wanted either the burnt orange or blue and I do actually prefer the standard 18's as opposed to the Rays. On top of that I feel the orange leather only goes with the orange car....

Welcome to the forum. Think of it this way, the orange leather makes it uniquely 350z. Not many cars have the same coloured leather. Lol, and no my Sunset doesn't have the orange leather, it has charcoal.

Let us know if you do get that one, photos are mandatory. ;)