found a potential 350 purchase

elecious

Coming close to my birthday now and i promised myself a 350z :)

found a nice azure blue 06 and am wondering if its GT spec, the advert says it is but i just want to check, attached a couple of pictures of the inside

23hoq53.jpg

I thought the GT came with full leather seats unless these are a custom job? Also are they manual seat movers to the side? i thought they were electric in the GT spec?

24o0cpw.jpg

didn't realise the ICE has a tape player

Also as an 06 should it have an updated interior, does it look like it has these?

Thanks for any info guys.

I'm sure someone will come along in a minute with an accurate and extensive list but here is what I look for to see if its a GT.

Cruise Control - should have six buttons on the steering wheel. As far as I know, all GT's come with this.

You are correct with the seats, they should be electric but the switch for them is on the left side of the chair. Mine has those manual dials too, they are for the movement of the seat height and leg support thing.

It looks like the updated interior. The main way I can tell the difference is that the three dials have chrome details on them. One other good way to check is to see where the hazard light button is. If its just under the three dials infront of the gear stick, its the updated model. Mine (an 04 plate) has it way back on the centre console, near the seat warmer buttons.

Hope that helps.

Looks good but you should be able to knock them a long way down - if not walk away. I got my 55 reg (6 months older than the one in your ad) low mileage, fsh, stunning condition, 2 years extended mfr warranty, all for 12k from a nissan main dealer. Although mine is the 276bhp model it will not be any different price wise - just only older. It's worth bearing in mind the older model actually has the most torque out of all three models (including the 309bhp model) and some say drive better than the 296bhp model (as in your advert) due to it having a fair bit more torque. So worth test driving a few of each first. Make sure you do get an extended mfr warranty in your deal as the mark 2 296bhp as there is a known oil consumption issue. Most are ok but if the worst happens you are covered.

Be prepared to haggle down. My very car was up for 19k less than 12 months ago. The car in your ad has the updated interior and the seats are normal, just the light reflecting of the middle section of the seat which has a slightly different texture. As mentioned above look for the six buttons on the steering wheel and on the right there should be a cruise control button. Also, look in the centre cubby between the seats to see if it has the bluetooth adapter - and make sure it has a spare key!!! Taken me 6 weeks to get mine!

Looks good but you should be able to knock them a long way down - if not walk away. I got my 55 reg (6 months older) low mileage, fsh, stunning condition, 2 years extended mfr warranty, all for 12k from a nissan main dealer. Although mine is the 276bhp model it will not be any different price wise - just only older. It's worth bearing in mind the older model actually has the most torque out of all three models (including the 309bhp model) and some say drive better than the 296bhp model (as in your advert) due to it having a fair bit more torque. So worth test driving a few of each first. Make sure you do get an extended mfr warranty in your deal as the mark 2 296bhp as there is a known oil consumption issue. Most are ok but if the worst happens you are covered.

Be prepared to haggle down. My very car was up for 19k less than 12 months ago. It has the updated interior and the seats are normal, just the light reflecting of the middle section of the seat which has a slightly different texture. As mentioned above look for the six buttons on the steering wheel and on the right there should be a cruise control button. Also, look in the centre cubby between the seats to see if it has the bluetooth adapter - and make sure it has a spare key!!! Taken me 6 weeks to get mine!

Is your centre console area like this then with the ali trim around the gear lever and 3 dials and resited hazard warning button, and sliding lid cubby behind the gearlever?

P1020201.jpg

I am curious about your "updated interior" Has it been added, as to my knowledge nothing much changed until Spring 2006? I certainly hope the updated ZEDs from 2006 onwards have not dropped into the £12k region. From other posts that is begining to suggest there is little difference in price for ZEDS 3 to 6 years old. :scare:

You are quite right in thr advice about the bluetooth adaptor and spare key - often these 'disappear' :dry:

Sorry - edited my post prob a min after you read it - I was referring to the car in his ad - it has the updated interior (the three dials appear to have the nice silver surround in his ad). My car doesn't have the updated interior though :(

Also another thing to look for are the rear lights - they should be made up of lots of led's.

I bought my '06 updated GT last weekend for £12k with 24k on the clock. Been registered as a CAT D for front bumper damage but got 12 months warranty. Thought i got an absolute steal but i think the way the car market is at the moment most things are a steal!